Help setting up Klarna Test Environment

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 4

The Klarna production API integration works fine and I am able to use the payment method in the checkout process.

However, I am not able to use the Klarna Playground for my test environment.

Whatever I do, I always end up with the below error message that the payment type is not available for this purchase.

Anmerkung 2020-04-05 122658.png

Anyone who can guide me through the process for setting up a working test environment?

What I did so far:

1. Created Klarna EU Playground Account and created API credentials:
    Anmerkung 2020-04-05 123243.png
  2. Installed the Klarna app in the test shop and entered the credentials, setting it to test mode:
    Anmerkung 2020-04-05 123356.png
  3. Setup of Klarna in Alternative Payment Providers:
    Anmerkung 2020-04-05 123627.png
  4. Set Phone nr to required and shop currency to EUR as stated in the Klarna Merchant Guide:
    https://x.klarnacdn.net/plugins/Klarna%20Payments%20on%20Shopify%20-%20Merchant%20Guide.pdf 

Still no luck. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
35 3 8

Hi @km5 -

Klarna's auto-generated test credentials (e.g. your PK13001 test account) are only configured for minimal Klarna products, specifically only for Klarna's Pay Later option.  For German, the Klarna Pay Later product would map to the "Rechnung mit Klarna" alternative payment method option in the Shopify payment providers section.  So for testing, please activate and test with the "Rechnung mit Klarna" option instead of the "Sofort bezahlen mit Klarna" gateway.  

Another option for you and others is Klarna's public Shopify demo store: klarnastore.myshopify.com (in USD), but still accepts unlimited test orders and shows the flow, but not the specifics of all of Klarna's available payment options.

Hope this helps, but please let us know if you have further questions or issues, or also reach out to Klarna merchant support via klarna.com 

0 Likes