High Risk Fraud Order

Highlighted
1 0 0

IndicatorsIndicators

Order sum is $1800. We are currently communicating with the customer. He has been active in responding and has submitted his Driver's License and Credit card images. The names matched. 

He also said: "I honestly have no bill because i lived with my father and brother , the bill i have is my phone and that i pay it online, one time i owe tuition money to my school and i bought a money order to pay my debt, and is show my old address" 

Customer also sent us 2 images of his old cheques that has his old address. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1062 100 243

Hey there, @VORO.

Bo here from Shopify Support.

I am sorry to hear that you have been dealing with this, I can only imagine how stressful it has been for you, especially considering the value of that order in particular. Our algorithm which runs behind the Risk Analysis compares orders against all the orders that have gone into it in the past—meaning that orders have been placed on Shopify that are similar to this one, that have been fraudulent before.

Due to the sheer number of orders processed by Shopify, this algorithm has gotten incredibly good at pointing out when an order is likely to be fraudulent. While it is clear that you have done your due diligence in this case and now have all the evidence you would need in the event of a chargeback, certain banks will always side with their customer over the store in question. 

Ultimately, you have all the evidence you should need should this result in a chargeback. This is your business and so, of course, it is your decision. I would recommend ebbing on the side of caution. 

Fraud Protect may be a good option for you moving forward. Fraud Protect for Shopify Payments protects eligible businesses against fraudulent chargebacks, making it easier to quickly and confidently fulfill orders. After Fraud Protect is activated, online orders processed through Shopify Payments are analyzed and classified as either "protected" or "not protected". You pay a fee on each protected order, and Shopify guarantees the payment. You don't have to do anything if there’s a fraudulent chargeback on a protected order. Shopify reimburses you the chargeback amount and handles the chargeback process for you. You can read up on fraud protect here. As this order has already been made it would not be protected, only orders that are made after the activation of fraud protect are covered. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes