How To Deal with Shipping Costs When Some Items Are Drop Shipped and Some Aren't (Newbie)

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi

About to launch my first store.

I've got around 40 product listings which I'll be shipping. I also have around 10 listings which will come straight from the suppliers. This will be made obvious to the customer when ordering. All orders shipped from me will jave £5,95 shipping, and the orders from the supplier will also have £5.95 shipping. However, if someone orders one item of both, they will have to pay 2 x shipping costs, likewise if they order two items that come direct from different suppliers. if they order, for example, two items both from me, they will only have to pay 1  x £5,95

I can't work out how to set this up in Shopify?

Thanks in advace for your help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
811 50 103

Hi there Rob!

Don here from Shopify!

Thanks for taking the time to outline your requirements here on our merchant forums. :)

If you need to specify per-item shipping rates for your products you would need to look at adding a shipping app to handle these conditions.

You could check out Parcelify (free) or Better Shipping for this functionality.

Apps like these will need to have access to our carrier calculated shipping rates API in order to function.

This can be added to your current Shopify plan for $20 USD/month, comes as part of the Advanced Shopify ($299 USD/month) or can be added for free to any plan paid annually (in addition to the 10% discount for paying any annual plans).

These apps would allow you to set up rates that apply specifically to a given item and should allow you to put in place the setup you describe. :)

As with any apps in our app store, these apps would be supported by their developers who you can contact using the email address or contact form on the app store page with any questions.

All the best!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes