How To Enable Order Tracking For My Customers

Highlighted
6 0 0

Hello community! 

I would like to send my customers a tracking code via email so that they can always see the current location of their products. I took a look at this discussion before, but it does not work anymore as described. Could someone tell me step by step how I can do that?

Thank you so much in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
461 7 39

Hello @christian_albr,

If you want to enable tracking using Shopify, the "Order out for delivery" and "Shipment delivered" notifications will only be sent out when you fulfill orders that have tracking information from USPS, UPS, FedEx, and Canada Post. 

For other carriers, you will have to use an app like Shipment Tracking & Notify app, which will help you send tracking notifications to your customers.

All your fulfilled orders will be automatically imported into the app and it helps you handle the shipment tracking. 

The app - 

— Automatically send email notifications to your customers, every time there is a change in the tracking status.

— Make order tracking a part of your online store with an integrated Track Your Order Page.

— Helps you get live tracking updates on the Tracking Dashboard and monitor all your shipments from various integrated carriers.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

An app can send the tracking info to the Shopify order if it properly updates the tracking number and the company name in the API. There are many apps that take care of this single functionality. However, a better way would be to manage all aspects of shipping like showing real time rates, generating labels, generating manifests, tracking in a single solution. This solution should automate rates, labels and even tracking for you such that the customer after placing an order, in some time receives a tracking number. This kind of an automated solution can work out.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes