How can I check customer address when they select shipping option?

40 0 0

Hi everyone, I would like to know how to check customer address when they select shipping option.

We are getting a lot of customers that don’t select shipping and most are selecting in-store pick up when in fact they need it to be shipped and then the order is put through and we have to contact them and process the shipping charges separately, because they are not selecting a shipping option when they check out. So is there a way that if the customer is not located in local that they have to select a shipping option?  We are just trying to avoid having to reach out to customers after the fact and ask if they need shipping because they always do, and then need to get their credit card information and process shipping.  It delays their orders going out etc.  

I very much appreciate to everyone and look forward to hearing from you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
407 31 60

Hi, @Anna_Wang1!

Sophia here from Shopify. There are a couple of options to help you ensure that customers select the appropriate shipping method at checkout. Without the use of an app, one option would be renaming the pickup shipping rate. If the name of your shipping rate for in-store pickup is being ignored by customers, using capital letters in the rate name might help (something like "IN-STORE PICKUP ONLY" or "In-store Pickup - [LOCATION NAME]").

If your shipping rate name is already clearly labelled or you're worried that customers might still ignore it, the most accurate option would be one of the store pickup apps. These apps only display the store pickup option to customers who have entered an address that is within the pickup area. Several of these apps are paid, but a few have free plans available, usually depending on the number of locations you need to display shipping options for.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes