How can I eliminate "First Class Mail" from a shipping option?

Highlighted
6 0 0

I only want to ship things with tracking numbers, and so I never want First Class Mail to ever show up as an option.  Shopify continues to default that shipping option which is annoying because I have to manually change every shipment, and it's a real pain.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
150 21 28

Hi, @jeffchiz !

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. If First Class rates are showing up, this tells us they're likely still set up in the stores shipping settings and we'll want to remove them. From your Shopify admin, click Settings > Shipping & Delivery. You'll then want to click Manage Rates in the correct shipping profile. From there, find the Shipping Zone (Domestic, International etc.) that has Carrier and app rates listed. Open Carrier and app rates and click the three dots "..." to the right of the listed rates and click Edit rate. From this page, you'll be able to add and remove the different service types as you please. You can toggle off all of the First Class rates here.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

I already had done that, and despite first class mail being turned off, it still shows up, and often defaults 

0 Likes