How can I manually convert an abandoned cart to an order?

MDI
1 0 1

I have a customer who abandoned his cart because his PayPal wasn't working.  He sent payment to me directly, outside of Shopify.  How do I now pull his order out of Abandoned Cart and into a regular order, so I can mark it paid and fulfill it?

Thanks!

Linda_Gentle
Tourist
5 0 2

I would also like to know how to do this? I have a lot of customers who have trouble completing their order and then ring up wanting to pay over the phone. It would be quicker if we could just convert their abandoned cart to an order and process the payment.

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1177 154 191

Hi, @Linda_Gentle. Thanks for reaching out!

While the current functionality of abandoned checkouts doesn’t allow for them to be directly turned into an order from your admin, you can create a Draft Order for your customers in the circumstance you described.

Draft Orders allow you to create an order for your customer as well as accept payment for it, all from your admin. You can process payment by entering your customer’s credit card info (if you’re using Shopify Payments), or mark the order as “paid” if payment is received outside of Shopify. Please see the Help Doc on Creating Draft Orders for more information about this, and the steps for creating and processing a Draft Order.

I can see how directly turning an abandoned checkout into an order would be beneficial though, so thank you for sharing this feedback. I am going to pass it along to our developers. They’re continually improving the platform to make it more efficient for both our merchants and their customers, and you can keep an eye on all the platform updates in the Shopify Changelog.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

DuduBaba
2 0 1

Hi @Helen has this option been made available yet, as we would also find it incredibly useful? Thank you

Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1177 154 191

Hi, @DuduBaba! Thanks for checking in about this.

Turning abandoned checkouts into an order directly from the abandoned checkout page is not a feature that has been implemented at this time. While I don’t know when or if this is something our developers are working on, I’m happy to submit another request on your behalf so that they continue to be aware that more merchants would find it useful. 

In the meantime, you can create draft orders as a workaround as explained above. I also recommend keeping an eye on the Shopify Changelog; It’s the best way to keep track of all recent updates to the platform as they happen. 

All the best!

0 Likes
BobbinRobin
1 0 0

Hi Helen,

Please add my name to the list, being able to process Abandoned Carts into Orders would be huge time saver. I have to do this at least once a week and it is a very tedious thing to recreate their cart as a draft order as there are lots of line items and options. 

Kim

The Bobbin Robin Shop

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1177 154 191

Thanks for taking the time to contribute to this thread, @BobbinRobin!

Absolutely, I’m happy to submit a feature request on your behalf as well. If you have additional feedback to share, or if I can help with anything else, just let me know.

0 Likes