How can I send notification to different users when a product is sold?

lawrey
1 0 0

Hi,

I have an urgent use case to implement and would like to check if Shopify allows:

1. My Store has Product A and Product B, each product is owned by different owners, Owner A and Owner B.

2. When a Customer made a payment for Product A, I wish for a notification to be sent to Owner A, and vice versa for Product B to Owner B. 

Am I able to achieve this via Shopify? Thanks!

0 Likes
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
984 103 166

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. How are you keeping today? 

It sounds like you are wanting different vendors to be notified when one of their products is sold on your online store? Would this be correct? Depending on what data they may need to receive about a particular order, you could set them up as custom fulfillment services by following this guide here

When this is set up correctly, any time you mark an item or complete your order as fulfilled in your Shopify admin, the custom fulfillment service is sent an email with all the order information, so they can work on fulfilling the order. 

I would suggest initially setting up a test product, and performing a test sale with a test custom fulfillment service so you can see how this would work. 

Let me know your thoughts! 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes