How can i create a mobile payment option?

5 0 0

Hi i wanted to start my business in Somali peninsula, Somalia, Ethiopia, Kenya and Djibouti. So in these countries the mobile payment system is a dominant, and everyone can access to them. But i don't see how to setup this kinda of option in shopify payment. 

Can anyone help me with this? Even if it needs extra coding and etc. 

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2412 163 355

Hi Saabir, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Just to clarify, do you mean being able to accept or process payments from mobile devices? If so, there are a couple of great Shopify guides on this which you can find here and here. If not, and you mean something else, would you be able to go into some more detail on what you mean exactly as I'm not sure what other mobile payment options there are. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, I was wondering the same but I don't think he means payments with credit cards. In Somalia and our neighbour countries, we can simply send money through the credit we have on our mobile number and use it as a bank card. Today we have Hormud EVC PLUS, Golis Sahal and Telecom Zaad.

So the answer we are looking for then is if it works on doing and receiving payments through these companies and if how?

0 Likes