How do I add a message that when product out of stock

Irene_Koufalis
1 0 0

How do I add a message that when product out of stock:

that when product is zero quantity and hence out of stock there is a 3-4 week delivery time with shipping costs waived (free);

Shopify staff said the only way is to add html code because they could not find any apps;

0 Likes
Elle_old
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
269 1 29

Hey, Irene!

Stephanie here from Shopify.

We have a doc that includes a step by step guide to add a message when a product is out of stock! Here's the direct link - https://help.shopify.com/manual/products/inventory/product-availability?utm_medium=Forum&utm_campaig...

Hope this helps! :)

Cheers!

Stephanie | Shopify Support
0 Likes
WRCB
Tourist
6 0 5

This works for items with only one variant.  Is there a way to do this for multiple variants?  So when a variant is selected it either says "in stock" or "out of stock - Will ship in 1-2 weeks"  This topic has been posted so many times on this forum and there is no clear answer!!!

Kerry
Tourist
6 0 2

WRCB,

I'm having the same challenge. Were you able to figure this out? 

William_Hackett
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Having the same issues as well. All of the support threads just get closed without resolution. 

Kerry
Tourist
6 0 2

William,

We are using an older theme, Minimal, that is supported by Shopify. I contacted them and they added a badge "Sold Out" similar to the Sale badge. It automatically shows when inventory is out. You can see it at the bottom of our page shop.daskeyboard.com.

Hope this helps

0 Likes
David-Dlan
2 0 4

We also need this feature. I just had Chat conversation with Shopify team and they give standard reply: " this is not a feature we currently offer. I can certainly put in a request to have this feature added...  I will send this up to our development team. The more requests that are received for a feature like this, the more likely it is to be developed. It can take quite some time before a request is actioned. New features are usually updated on the Shopify Blog."

And now we wait ;)

David-Dlan
2 0 4

Hi Stephanie_R,

We need to add a message when a product is out of stock, not to remove it.

The message would be something like:

Item not in stock - Available in 5 days to shipping!

or

Item not in stock - Available after order in 15 days.

Any developments around this hot feature?

NickSJR
2 0 1

C'mon Shopify, wake up! We need solution for this problem now!

Jason
Shopify Expert
10360 158 2003

Some tweaks to the theme would be an option. Is that not a path you can take? The theme determines the UI that the customer sees.

• For example a tag on a product defines the replenishment time.
  • Variant becomes out of stock and the code checks for the tag. If it know how long to show to the customer.
  • Some extra work need to make sure that product tag is removed from any filtering lists.

If all the products have the same replenishment time it's easier.

• Variant selected is out of stock so the theme code shows the default message you set. It may not even need theme mods if your theme already has a language/translation setting for out of stock message. You'd change the "out of stock" text to read "back in 3 weeks".
I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.

Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.

★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★
0 Likes