How do I change payment method based on shipping destination

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

I ship to 3 different locations (domestic in India, international in US and international in UK). I want to be able to use an automatic payment gateway like Shopify Payments or some other automatic payment for my domestic and US customers, but for UK I want to do manual invoicing (duty and taxes are more complex). Is there a way to setup checkout so that the payment options automatically change based on Shipping Location? I have already set up the appropriate Ship Zones, but I don't know how to link the Ship Zones to the payment method, and I don't see any tool that helps you automatically change the payment method.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
262 26 40

Hi Jainch,
It's not possible to edit the checkout page without have Shopify Plus.

Let's make the best store!
Contact us at: thepremierstores@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 503

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @jainch,

Nick here from Shopify. Good question!

In instances like this, it wouldn't be possible to have multiple payment gateways for different locations. You would only be able to have to active payment gateways at once time, with one of them being PayPal. If you had to have multiple gateways for each location, your best bet would be to have a separate store for each one in its own currency, which I understand is not ideal, but it would be the best option for you on this. 

Something else to note is that Shopify Payments is not available in India. It is available in the USA and the UK though. You can see the payment gateways available for India from the guide Shopify has on this here as well as more information on Shopify Payments here

I hope this helps and answers your question. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes