Solved

How do I change the address that appears on my shipping label?

BelleMinks
Tourist
6 0 3

I just recently got a PO Box for my business. I want to know how do I change the address from my home address to my PO Box that's on my shipping label? My business is growing and I want to keep my personal information well, personal. I noticed that my address had changed on my packing slips but just not the shipping label. Please help. Thank you.

The Standard of Beauty is You.
Accepted Solution (1)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @BelleMinks,

June here from Shopify. I'm happy to help! It absolutely makes sense that you'd like to keep your home address private. 

The address that appears on your shipping label will be pulled from your shipping profile, and is also the address that is used to calculate your shipping rates. If you'd like to edit that address, you'll find it under Settings > Locations in your admin. You can then update your shipping profile if it doesn't automatically. Let me know if you run into any challenges doing so! 

08-52-65866-665

To clarify, this address differs from the one you've entered under Settings > General > Store address, which will appear on invoices and packing slips.

08-53-23504-3208

I hope this helps! 

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 15 (15)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @BelleMinks,

June here from Shopify. I'm happy to help! It absolutely makes sense that you'd like to keep your home address private. 

The address that appears on your shipping label will be pulled from your shipping profile, and is also the address that is used to calculate your shipping rates. If you'd like to edit that address, you'll find it under Settings > Locations in your admin. You can then update your shipping profile if it doesn't automatically. Let me know if you run into any challenges doing so! 

08-52-65866-665

To clarify, this address differs from the one you've entered under Settings > General > Store address, which will appear on invoices and packing slips.

08-53-23504-3208

I hope this helps! 

Thesockbarrel
Visitor
2 0 0

I changed mine to a PO Box also because of the same reason. However, I ran into the issue of the postal carrier not accepting the PO Box as the return address. So, I’m back to square one with using personal address. Were you successful with using a PO BOX as the address on yours?

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

Hello @Thesockbarrel,

That's a great point! Since UPS and DHL currently do not support P.O. boxes as shipping (or return) addresses, you will want to purchase USPS shipping labels. I definitely understand that this is not an ideal solution for folks who prefer to use those previously mentioned postal services, but know that you do have the option if you're keen to keep your store's address as is. 

Thanks for your input!

GabsTheFab
Visitor
2 0 1

I'am running into the same problem. 

I would like to change my business shipping address to reflect the correct address on the shipping label.

I have a business address that ships out the merchandise/inventory to my customers and I use my personal home address that stocks the merchandise/inventory. However, for safety purposes and to keep my business as the main address being used I would like my shipping labels to reflect that and show my business address instead of my personal home address.

I have tried everything and its not correct every time I try to print the shipping label for my order. I use the USPS street addressing program for my address. 

https://www.usps.com/pobox/customer-agreement-for-premium-po-box-service-enhancements.pdf

BelleMinks
Tourist
6 0 3

Hey Gabs. If you check the other reply’s under my question you will find the answer from June where she explains where to navigate in Shopify on how change the address on your shipping label. 

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

Hi @GabsTheFab,

Welcome to the thread! Have you had any luck updating your address on your shipping labels?

As you'll see above, the address that will be displayed on your shipping label is pulled from your Locations settings. You should also see it listed in your shipping profile as your shipping origin:

14-37-6719-55315

Can you tell me if you're seeing your P.O. Box's address here now? Be sure to look for the shipping origin address associated with the specific shipping rate(s) applied to the order you're shipping. Thanks so much!

BelleMinks
Tourist
6 0 3

Yes I was successful. I use USPS and my PO Box is also through the same carrier so it was an easy process

CynthiaESJ
Excursionist
17 0 31

Hi, 

I  know this is an older topic and you may have solved your issue, but I wanted to pass on this info for others who may end up reading this. 

The way I solved this issue was instead of using a normal USPS PO Box, I rented a box at the local UPS Store. That way, my address is a street address (their UPS Store address) and an added number for my box. E.g., my shipping address is: 25587 Conifer Rd, #105-125

This works great. I rent the smallest possible box since I don't need to use this except as my shipping/return address. The UPS store doesn't care if your return package fits inside your rented box, they hold it for you to pick up.  The other nice thing about using the store instead of a USPS PO Box is that they notify my if I get a package. So, I never need to stop and check my box, I only go if they told me there is something to pickup. 

I live in a small mountain town and it just so happens there is a UPS Store here. So I got lucky. I have no idea what other non-USPS solutions like this are out there. 

Hope this info helps someone else! 😉

cheers,

c-

EmpressNkrumah
Visitor
1 0 0

I use Spaces. Its $55 a month and you get a virtual address to use for the labels and receiving mail.

Savvie
5 0 0

Hello,

I have a question. How can I changed my address after the shipping label has been created . I am shipping for the first time and it shows my home address on the label

thanks in advance

Anindita
Shopify Partner
675 34 95

Hi @Savvie 

If you need to make a change to a shipping label, you need to void the label, make the changes to the order details, and then buy the label again.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
Savvie
5 0 0

Thank you!

StitchinStation
Visitor
1 0 0

My address is correct under shipping profile but my shipping labels still have my old address, how can I fix this?

FulfilledQue
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi June, I took these steps. Changed my address to a virtual address I purchased. However, the change is on showing on the packaging slip and not the actual shipping label. Screenshot 2023-06-13 at 12.54.28 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-13 at 12.55.04 PM.png

Dreamerzzz
Visitor
1 0 1

Hello June! I did both of these steps and switched my shipping/return address to my p.o box for usps. however my labels arent switching for my orders. what can I do ?