How do I change the default "Visit Our Store" url in the customer confirmation order email

Highlighted
1 0 0

hi there

i wish to use buy now buttons on my own website - and these work great - i did a test purchase and i noticed in the confirmation email of a test purchase, there is a Visit our store link which is set to a default shopify shop url - however i would like the visitor to visit my website where the shop is present via the shopify buttons. How can i change the default setting in the order confirmation email to reflect the correct url?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jay

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
391 1 43

Hey, Jay!

Koreen here from Shopify. Thanks for posting!

Looks like you may have this sorted, but do let us know if you need a hand.

Usually you can add in a different store url by editing your notification templates.

These are accessed via Admin > settings > notifications.  By doing a quick search for 'Visit our store'  should bring you to this in the order confirmation email and your preferred URL can be pasted in.

We have a guide on working with Notification templates here

Also, as you already have your own website, you may be interested in using our Shopify Lite plan? In this case, you could remove the online store feature, with the option of adding this back on if you'd like to switch this over to Shopify at a later stage.

I hope this helps!

Koreen W | Shopify 

support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, I have the same question. 

How was this resolved?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I just figured it out! Thanks.

For future people here is what I did –

I found these 2 lines of code on the order confirmation edit page –

<td class="link__cell">or <a href="{{ shop.url }}">Visit our store</a></td>

<td class="button__cell"><a href="{{ shop.url }}" class="button__text">Visit our store</a></td>

I changed the {{ shop.url }} to my website URL 

EX:

<td class="link__cell">or <a href="https://www.website.com">Visit our store</a></td>

<td class="button__cell"><a href="https://www.website.com" class="button__text">Visit our store</a></td>

0 Likes