How do I create shipping plans when it changes per item?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi guys, 

I've done a search on these boards for a similar issue but not found an answer.

My supplier drop ships and charges a set amount of shipping per item, then a smaller shipping charge for additional items in the same order. These charges differ from item to item so I can't work out how to apply this to my store for it to give my customer an accurate shipping rate.

I have thought about increasing the cost of the items and offering free shipping, but is there any way to apply a per item, and then per additional item, shipping rate?

I understand the advanced plan includes carrier calculated shipping, would this solve the problem? 

I hope I've explained this well! Thanks in advance for any support,

Ollie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 58 120

Hey, Ollie.

Lizzy here, I’m a Shopify support Guru.

You're right that with the Advanced plan you would have access to third-party carrier calculated shipping rates. This feature is also available for a $20/month add to on our lower tier plans, or for free with an annual subscription.

With third-party carrier calculated shipping rates you would be able to use a shipping rate app like Better Shipping. Better Shipping would give you the ability to offer per product pricing as well as tiered shipping rates to offer discounted shipping on extra items. Which sounds like what you're looking for.

I've linked a few more apps below that offer similar capabilities.

Intuitive Shipping 
Advanced Shipping Rules 
Bespoke Shipping 

With the tiered pricing option you could still offer free shipping for the first product, with an added charge for more products. Have you thought about how you could use free shipping, or cheaper shipping for more products as part of a marketing strategy?

I hope this helps with the functionality you're trying to set up. Let me know if you have any questions about what I've said.

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes