How do I disable Shopify Payments

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi there,

On our webshop we only want to usee the alternative payment options.

However, by default we need to keep using the Shopify Payments (I cannot find out how to switch this off).

So, how do I disable Shopify Payments?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
616 54 152

Hi @JozefHomespring,

Thank you for reaching out today with your question.

If you head to Settings > Payment providers, you will see an option to "Manage" Shopify Payments:

19-08-32uai-rw7qy

At the very bottom of the next page, you will see an option to "Deactivate Shopify Payments".

This will complete the process but if you run into any issues, please let me know!

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am trying to put my IBAN to receive card payments but it says invalid, is there anyway i can accept credit card payments online but cashout through paypal.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
616 54 152

Hi @AmarK,

Thanks for getting in touch. Which payment gateway are you trying to set up when entering in your IBAN number? Which country are you based in?

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, if disabling the shopify payments while the store is running and there are orders that have not been fulfilled yet, how will deactivating the payments affect the sales?  And also how can I add stripe?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
616 54 152

Hi @saintjoseph0212,

Deactivating Shopify Payments after you have received payments and have outstanding orders will not affect your payouts, it just means you will not be able to accept payments via the gateway moving forward. If you are in a country where Shopify Payments is available, you will not be able to use Stripe. There are, however, other third-party gateways you can use. To see which ones are available, please go to our gateways page here and choose your country from the list.

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello, I faced a serious problem and I don’t know how to solve it. I put my country, California, which is not my place of residence, and the payment of supervise was linked to it, and from here I could not receive the payments, it is asking me to fill in data that I do not have, they ask for the tax number and social security and I am not a resident of those areas Can any of you change my place of residence from within the SHOPPAY settings and that in order to restore the normal status of my payments ??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
616 54 152

Hi @Hurmaine,

Did this happen when you were activating Shopify Payments? Can you tell me which country you are based in if you are not in California?

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello my dear brother, Shopify has proven the payment, and I am neither a resident nor a resident of America nor from the supported countries, by mistake and I am from the Arab countries and I have faced many problems due to the wrong payment and I want a solution for that, which is changing my place of residence so that I can add appropriate payment methods for my country ... I hope that You would understand that if you are interested then write in response that I am waiting for you and this is the store where you made the mistake:

https://sephorat.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
616 54 152

Hi @Hurmaine,

Okay, thank you. If you head to Settings > General in the Shopify admin, you can change the store's address from one in the USA to your address in your home country. Once this is done, you'll be able to select a different payment gateway available in your country. Please let me know if you have any issues with this process.

Kind regards,

0 Likes