How do I edit the "Shipping From" location in Settings?

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, I am a new Shopify user and had someone create the shell of my shopify site.  I am now going in and building out the content, etc.   I have been looking everywhere and trying everything to resolve. 

It appears that the "Shipping From" location is defaulting to the original location that the developer entered.  There has to be a way to easily edit that location.  In my reading I saw a note about deleting the Products/Variants but that seems ridiculous to have to start over.

Can someone please help?

MLC123

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
400 51 66

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @mlc123.

I’m Helen from Social Care. Welcome to Shopify.

Good news! You do not need to start over to update the "shipping from" location on your store. To change it, please go to ‘Settings > Locations’ from your Shopify admin, and follow these steps:

1. Create a new location by clicking on the Add Location button on the top right of your screen. 
  2. Deactivate the old address by choosing it from your locations list, and clicking on the Deactivate Location button on the bottom of the page.
  3. To fully Delete the location, click on the deactivated location, and then the Delete Location button. 

The number of locations your store can have, depends on the plan you are on. This information is found on the left hand side of the Locations setting page. All Locations set up here are available to use when creating Shipping Profiles, and Managing Inventory.

Are you shipping your own products? Or are you dropshipping?

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like