Thanks for your response but I need to clarify a few points:
1. I was able to successfully add my PO Box. However, by adding the PO Box, Sendle within shopify will not allow me to ship the item because it is not physical address. I opted for dropping off the parcel at one of the sendle locations but I am still unable to generate a Sendle Shipping Label because I do not have a physical address rather I have a PO Box.
2. The issue is - we do not want customers to see our residential address which appears on the Sendle Shipping Label, we want the PO Box number to appear. However, Sendle integrated within Shopify appears to deny you the option of doing this if you do not have a physical address.
3. If dealing directly with Sendle they have the option of hiding your residential address from the customer, where is this functionality within the shopify and sendle integration?
Look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks for the follow-up!
I've looked into the Sendle integration and I can confirm that Sendle does not support PO Boxes, which is mentioned in our guide for Sendle's shipping address eligibility. It's also worth mentioning that there are different locations for domestic and international pickups, which means you can be eligible for one but that doesn't mean you're eligible for the other. You'll need to contact Sendle directly to inquire further about their domestic and international pickup locations.
That being said, I understand you'd like to hide your address. Though I was unable to test the integration, as their app is an external installation. However, if Sendle allows you to hide your residential address, then they likely have a function built into their app or they can help you with that through their support. You'll also want to contact them directly for this - We have a guide on contacting Sendle, so that you can speak to the right team on their end.
I hope this helps! If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!
After adding your PO Box to the Locations settings, you'll also need to change the Shipping from address located in the Shipping and delivery settings (Settings > Shipping and delivery). From there, simply click manage rates and look under Shipping from. Once you've made the change, the shipping labels and packing slips will reflect this address. That being said, you can also change the fulfillment location when fulfilling your orders; however, this method does need to be toggled for each order.
Let me know if that helps!
Though you can omit the ZIP code in some cases; however, most online checkouts will need the ZIP code for a PO Box, so that the system can apply tax calculations and shipping conditions to the order (or the shipping labels in this case). That being said, if you're running into a roadblock - I'd be happy to take a closer look.
Can you tell me more about which step isn't working for you? Or, share a screenshot of the issue?
Welcome to the Shopify Community Forums, my name is Elias!
I can confirm that you can use your PO Box for privacy reasons, and we've covered how to set that up in earlier posts. To start, simply add your PO Box address to your Locations settings (Settings > Locations). After that, change the shipping origin to your PO Box in your Shipping profiles (Settings > Shipping and delivery > Manage).
We've also got a detailed guide to help with setting up your locations, you can find that right here. In addition, I'd recommend taking a look at assigning inventory to your locations and setting the priority of locations for fulfilling orders, as these functions often leads to something not working properly when overlooked. If you run into any roadblocks while trying to set up your locations, simply get back to me here and I'd be happy to take a closer look!
With that being said, did you create your store with Shopify yet?
Hello, Can you please help me set up my PO Box address on locations? I have tried setting up exactly as you explained ( PO Box 78, Riverside, CA, 92556) . I've tried it many other ways as well but it does not accept my po box address. I am located in the US. I hope this problem can be fixed, because my company is planning to start shipping from our PO box address. Please let me know who I can reach out to, to help us out with this issue.
Thank you for joining this thread and sharing your PO Box address - That's extremely useful for me to help you with this!
I've double-checked your PO Box address on USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code and they weren't able to confirm your PO Box address. The information provided by USPS also confirms my the results when I added your address to my test store. According to USPS, PO Box 78 in Riverside has the 92502 Zip Code, whereas the 92556 Zip Code appears to be in Moreno Valley.
Here's a screenshot from the USPS address lookup:
* There are some commercial addresses in the US has an extra 4-digit number at the end of their ZIP Code (eg. XXXXX-XXXX), which can help with the accuracy of finding the address. However, it's worth noting that not all addresses will have this.
Here's a screenshot from my test store:
* The suggested address only appears when the address was first added to the Locations settings. After leaving or refreshing the page, it'll only show the verification error without the suggested address. However, if you deactivate/reactivate or add a new location, it will be able to generate the suggested address again.
That being said, I've also tested the ZIP code suggested by USPS and I didn't run into any errors:
I'd love to help you get to the bottom of this; however, since we're seeing conflicting data from USPS - Can you contact your post office and see if they can confirm the ZIP code for your PO Box?