How do I get my PO Box on my Shipping labels and not Street Address?

Highlighted
1 0 0

• I've updated my General Settings address with my PO Box, but street address is still populating in the return address on my shipping labels.

• I can only turn on or off the 'shipping from' in my Shipping Settings and it is showing my street address, but doesn't not give me the ability to change the address.

• What am I missing here?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
490 50 58

Hello, @JulieMeyerMPLS.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thanks for reaching out.

The address under General settings is for your own invoices and tax documents, so you can keep that as your business or home address. If you’ve set up your rates and zones without using Shipping profiles, then you can change the ‘Shipping from’ address under the Shipping settings and this will be reflected on the shipping labels. However, since you are using Shipping profiles, you can change your address under the Locations settings

Let me know how that goes! If you have any other questions about shipping, feel free to reply to this thread and I’d be happy to help.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi, I am opening my business on July 20th.  I would like to omit my home address from my shipping labels as well as my customer's receipt/invoice I have rented a p.o. box but I am having great difficulty trying to add the P.O. box 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
490 50 58

Hey, @hawthornefarm.

Welcome to the thread! You can change your address or add your P.O. Box address to your Locations Settings, this is located under Settings > Locations. If this will be the main address for fulfillment and shipping labels, then I'd also recommend changing this to your default location. That way, you don't have to keep toggling the address each time you fulfill an order.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to let me know!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

I have done this then it says because it is a po box it is unable to verify therefore i will be may be unable to fulfill future orders

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
490 50 58

Hey, @hawthornefarm.

Thanks for the follow-up! Since Shopify Shipping Labels are only available in the US or Canada, you can double-check how the address is formatted. For example, some US commercial addresses may have extra numbers in their ZIP codes (eg. XXXXX-XXXX) - you can use USPS ZIP look up for this. 

Let me know if that helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0
I’m still getting the same error message that this address cannot be
verified may be unable to print shipping labels.

Is there something special with PO Boxes?

This must be a common problem I’ve seen so many others with the same issue
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
490 50 58

Hey, @hawthornefarm.

Thanks for checking the address format! I've tested a couple of PO Box addresses and, though the error popped up initially, the error eventually disappeared in my test store. Nonetheless, I've also seen the rates pull correctly without any issues for PO Boxes. That being said, I'd recommend double-checking the Shopify rates directly with your post office on the next few orders, just to make sure that they're correct. However, it's important note that the rates won't be exactly the same, as there's a discount for Shopify Shipping rates.

If you run into any roadblocks or if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to let me know!

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 2

Hi!  We are having the same issue with shipping label not having the correct address.  We have a PO Box as well.  We have tried several things to update address (shipping settings, settings locations, etc) with no results.  Any help on this issue would be great!

2 Likes