How do I give free shipping on just one collection?

Shopify Partner
4 0 0

I wanted to add that my client really needs this feature as well. And doing the "weight" hack doesn't work, because if someone adds more items to the cart then it makes the whole order have free shipping. She offers one product that you can send someone as a gift. She sends it directly to them, so the shipping needs to always be $5 for that product. I'd love to be able to add the cost to the product and then offer free shipping on that product only.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
741 41 112

Hey, @lindz5223!

Thank you for taking the time to express your interest in getting this feature added to the Shopify platform. I've gone ahead and added your vote to the existing feature request. Should this be something our team is able to add to the platform then we'll make sure to announce the addition on our Announcement page. In the meantime, using the above-mentioned apps would be your best workaround until we've got this added to the platform. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi, I'm another one in need of versatile shipping. My specific case is adding Free Shipping to a specific brand collection, as they do their annual sale, and for only one month... then take it back to its weight scale. The only option is manually editing the weight per product. This is too cumbersome. I've looked into the apps, but seems complicated.

Adriana

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
741 41 112

Hey, @ASis!

Thank you for providing your specific use case. I've added your vote to the existing feature request. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
To be totaly honest I'm getting a little bit hacked off with the non functionality of Shopify. We have spent alot of money trying to get our store how we want it even to the point of purchasing a template from Shopify and even then basic features are missing. This is a simple but popular requirement but NO you don't offer it.

We have started a trial with another provided who offer all these basic features as a standard 😒 just seems to me thar all Shopify wants to do is sell more apps and advanced plans

GRRRRR if we new this to start. We are stuck with what we have due to the money we have already invested but by jolly our new store won't be with Shopify unless these basic features are added as a standard. Get with the program start thinking about what your customers want NOT what you can charge them
Many Thanks

Nigel

Shop Personalised Gifts
3 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

This is really a shocking feature that Shopify does not provide.  I believe it could be added quite easily.  There is already an option in discount codes which would make setting this up easily, but for some unknown reason, Shopify removes the option to add a collection to a discount code when you choose the free shipping discount code.  I believe its simply because they get a cut of app sales and this is one of the biggest drivers for apps which provide this functionality.  Shopify is really spitting in all our faces by forcing us to purchase subscriptions to these apps for 30 a month for basic functionality that almost all other platforms provide for free.  People have been asking for this feature for years!

1 Like
1 0 1

I cannot agree more. In this very competitive online market being able to have more control over free shipping is crucial. I want to offer free shipping on SMALL items, and free shiping with a min purchase on the rest. The suggestion to base shipping on weight (Free shipping if weighs less than X would work...if that was possible.)
Shipping, IMO is the BIGGEST challenge for sellers and buyers online these days.

1 Like
It's proven to be a popular subject, question? Have we had a reply from Shopify? NO!!!!!! We are getting sales with Shopify but please guys & Girls can we just have this simple option? Without havin to pay silly money..... you will loose customers but I don't think that really bothers you as long as you have overpriced apps to do this for.
Many Thanks

Nigel

Shop Personalised Gifts
0 Likes
2 0 0

I completely agree with the problems mentioned above. 

One issue I'm facing is limiting shipping for one specific collection i.e. this brand only ships to Europe and UK, whilst my other brands ship worldwide.

Is there a way around this?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
741 41 112

Hey, everyone. 

We are actively working on the Shipping Profiles feature which is currently in beta. The feature will help with creating per product shipping rates within your admin. This feature doesn't currently support "per collection," however; can still be set up in a similar way by selecting specific products. We have three help docs that outline the feature, and how to get it set up in your store once the feature launches. 

Our teams are hard at work to get this feature added as soon as possible. We hope to have this feature added to every store by the end of fall, 2019.

0 Likes