How do I give free shipping on just one collection?

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi

I would like to offer free shipping on just one collection or on a few individual products in my store - does anyone know a good app to do this?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
30 0 5

Hi Angela! 

My name is Ayfa, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help! :)

A way you could offer free shipping is by adding a shipping rate. You can set the weight of the products in the collection you want to offer free shipping on to be a specific weight that is much different than the weights of your other products (for example 25kg per item) and then set up a shipping rate for free shipping for any item over 24.9kg. This will make sure only the items you want to offer free shipping on will be included in the rate!

Alternatively, we have some great shipping apps to help you out!
* Better Shipping
* Bespoke Shipping
* Advanced Shipping Manager for Shopify

Just bear in mind that you need real-time carrier shipping for these apps to work fully. If you're not on the Advanced plan, we can add this tool to your store for $20/month. Or you can get it for free if you switch to annual billing :)

I hope that helps, but feel free to reach out to Shopify support at any stage if you want to chat more!

Have a great day :)

Ayfa

Shopify Guru | support@shopify.com

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thank you. will work on the weight idea!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
109 0 28

Hi Angela! Just piggy-backing on Ayfa's excellent answer here, I wanted to let you know about an article I read on Shopify's digest today about the benefits of offering free shipping regardless. I'm not sure if there's a particular reason why you are only going to be offering free shipping on some of your products, but note that a short term loss in margins is almost always offset by higher customer loyalty and significantly less cart abandonment rates. Most of our clients at ShipMonk offer "free shipping" to their customers, and we've seen this trend bear out. 

But either way, good luck to you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 3

I'm so surprised that this is so difficult.  This issue has caused me nothing but frustration. It seems so simple.  Why is it so difficult to offer free shipping on specific items?

3 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1310 83 294

Hey, Joshua. 

Natively we don't offer per product shipping, so it can be quite difficult to get your rates created to workaround this limitation. As Ayfa mentioned above there are a few app alternatives that you could consider should you require this for your business. 

While we do lack this feature currently, I do know that many merchants like yourself have requested we get this added. I've gone ahead and added a vote on your behalf to the existing ballot for this feature request as the more interest we can generate the higher probability we'll be able to get this added. Should our teams be able to get this created, we'll do so in a future update and announce it on our announcement page here.

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
55 2 5

Hi Angela,

You need consolidation service for your dropshipping business if you have multiple suppliers. The shopify dropshipping fulfillment agent could help you pack multiple goods from different suppliers into one package to ship to your clients, which not only save the shipping cost but also could improve better user experience.

China dropshipping fulfillment agent alex.shawn@outlook.com 86deal.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 8

Its shocking how much basic functionality Shopify lacks. I can't believe there isn't a built in way to add per item shipping. This is my number one wanted feature.

8 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have annual billing, how do I activate real time carrier shipping for my shop?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1310 83 294

Hey, Nick. 

In most cases, the CCS feature should have been added to your account automatically when you upgraded the account to annual, however, there are times when this doesn't happen. What I'll do is send you an email to the email listed on your Shopify account. If you could reply back to that email granting me access, then I can take a look to ensure this feature is added to your store. 

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes