How do I have multiple shipping options at checkout? (Pictures attached for reference)

Highlighted
2 0 0

Someone on an ecommerce related channel that I frequent has these shipping options available at checkout:

USPS, DHL, etc. I am using Shopify with the Oberlo extension, and even though many of the products I have imported to my store have these shipping options available from Aliexpress and similar sites, I am unable to view these other options at checkout. I did a "test order" to myself, where I had shipping set to "Free Shipping" for all orders over $50 and $9.99 for any orders less than $50 and when I went to check out on an order of $14.99 my shipping cost was $9.99.

But why was I unable to view the other shipping options like in the image above? I tried removing the $9.99 shipping option for orders less than $50 and it lead the the inability to ship that item altogether so I reimplemented it.

I want to have the alternative shipping methods show up on my checkout page like the image shown above. How do I do this?

https://www.minisbc.com/
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 501

Hi Richard, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Really good question. The way the shipping costs are calculated in your example above is through a method called Carrier Calculated Shipping (CCS). As well as CCS you would more than likely need to have an account and then connect your account with the shipping company (E.G. USPS, Canada Post, FedEx, UPS) to your Shopify store. CCS is free with the Advanced Shopify plan and above, or it costs $20 per month. It is also free on all plans if you subscribe annually. Don't hesitate to reach out to our support team directly to find out more or have it added to your store. 

Once you have an account with a carrier and CCS the custom rates will show up based on the customer's location from your shipping address. 

Hope this helps explain this to you and don't hesitate to ask should you have any other questions about it. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Nick, thanks for your response. I've looked into it and am considering it. Are you saying I need the Shopify Plan at $79 a month in order to implement this feature? I've been looking at this page just now: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/shipping/shopify-shipping/show-rates-at-checkout

I'm also wondering if I do implement this feature, will it work with dropshipping so long as the product on the Aliexpress page also lists that shipping method? For example, I have this product which has the following two shipping options via Aliexpress:

With CCS and/or the $79 Shopify Plan would I be able to give these options to my customer? For many of my products the extra cost of shipping would be worth the estimated 9 to 16 days over the 22 to 42 day shipping time estimate.

Thanks again,

Richard

https://www.minisbc.com/
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 501

Hi Richard, 

It is available on all plans but comes as a feature as part of the Advanced plan and above. If you are on the Shopify or Basic plan you can still add on CCS at a cost of $20 per month or if you pay your subscription annually it is free then. Don't hesitate to reach out to our support team directly to look into having this applied or to find out more. 

Yes, this would work with dropshipping, you can see in the screenshot you shared there is an option from DHL also which is more than likely a calculated rate here. Just to note, the link you shared above for Shopify Shipping is a feature which is only available in the USA and Canada right now. But you can still use and apply CCS without it should you wish. It's definitely worth looking into if you feel it would be worth giving the extra shipping options to your customers as you mentioned. 

We're here to help should you have any other questions. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi,

Is there any way to add static values instead of integrating with a shipping service provider as shown in the below screenshot ?

We want to show fix rate based upon total cart weight and shipping method.

Sample.png

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 3

@Danny20-12 

I would like to do it like this as well. Did you come across a solution for this yet? Or anyone else?

I don't want to integrate any shipping provider. I just would like to offer 2 options per region... tracked and not-tracked with static prices that I enter myself.

It's crazy that every little extra costs a high monthly fee with Shopify. For small shops it's just not doable to pay 20$ per month extra forever... and for what? Just to have an extra shipping option added? Makes no sense.

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1
Why should you have to pay for a shipping option. That’s ridiculous. I swear we get nickeled and dimed here.
1 Like