How do i send invoices with pay now button?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Good Evening all.

I please need help.

I would like to set up my check out so that customers don't pay, on check out they should just be placing an order. From where I will send them an invoice with shipping costs with a pay now button instead.

Please help, been struggle for half of the day and getting to my wits end...

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
748 42 131

Hi, @Rhynhardt !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you and welcome to our Community!

I am sorry to hear that you have been having a hard time getting the solution that you are after. I would love to help you out with this where I can. 

With Shopify, the default design of the checkout includes the option for a customer to make a payment, or to select their preferred payment method. There are however some ways around this, to help you to achieve your preferred set up.

To allow customers to place orders on your store themselves (without adding their payment details) you can create a custom payment method. This would then allow them to 'complete' their purchase, and would send the order to your admin. We have some info on how to set this up here.

As you are not looking to display shipping costs just yet, you can then also create a free shipping option, but title it differently so that they may bypass this step.  Once you have received the order through, you can then reach out to your customers separately regarding the payment. This would not be possible through the order itself or your Shopify admin, but you could set this up yourself via email, and mark each order as complete once you have received payment. 

Alternatively, another option involves removing the 'add to cart' button entirely and replacing this with an email link. This way your customers can email you to arrange placing an order on your store. You can then create a draft order with their preferred items and send this to them as an invoice

When using the draft order facility, this allows you to send an email to your customers which includes a link for them to complete their payment, e.g.

30-28-5hku8-376a8

You can however customize this so that it states 'pay now' instead, for example. 

Using this second option would allow you to use the dormant (or paused) plan too. This is at the reduced rate of $14 per month as you would not be availing of the checkout facility. We have some more info on this here.

From your query, I do understand that you would ideally like a combination of both of these options. Though they would not be concordant as there is no way to retroactively send out a payment link for a particular order once it has already been sent from the online checkout to your admin. However I hope this information has been helpful, and that one of the above options is suitable for your business model. 

If you have any questions at all - do feel free to let me know.

Cheers.
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
HI Katy

Thank you very much, but the problem has been sorted out. I found out that
if you pay annually or bi annually like it did, you actually get access to
real time shipping calculators. This has sorted out all my headaches.

Thank you very much.

Rhynhardt

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
748 42 131

Thank so much for getting back to me, @Rhynhardt. It is great to hear that the Carrier Calculated Shipping option helps to solve this for you.

This is indeed free with annual or biennial billing (saving you 10% or 20% on your overall bill, respectively). Alternatively, it is available as an add-on for $20 per month on our standard plans outside of this. I mention this just as it may suit some other merchants better. 

We do have some additional info here to help you set this up, just in case you have yet to complete this.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes