How do we setup Stripe as payment gateway

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello, I'm based in Czech Republic and we're aware of Stripe supporting our country.

How do I setup Stripe as Shopify payment gateway/provider ?

Thank you for response,
LovelyFace

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
416 52 69

Hi, @LovelyFace

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Thanks for your question!

Although Stripe may be available in your country in general, I’m afraid it is not one of the payment gateways that currently integrates with Shopify within your region. 

However, there are quite a few other ones that do! Take a look at this list of third party payment providers available to use in the Czech Republic.

Once you’ve decided upon one, please set up an account directly with the payment provider first. Then, to activate it on your Shopify store, please go to ‘Settings > Payment providers’ and follow the steps in this Help Doc for Configuring third party payment providers to connect it.

Hope this helps! How is the rest of your store set up coming along?

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi @Helen,

It's unfortunate, but we completely understand it.

We've seen the list of payment providers already, but none of them have good recommendation in our country. In this case, we would like to ask you, what would you recommend to us and what's the most common solution by web owners coming from Czech Republic ?

We will be highly thankful to have this information.

Sincerely,

Martin from LovelyFace

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
416 52 69

Hello, @LovelyFace

Thank you for your understanding. Although I am not able to advise regionally as to which gateways are the most often used, overall some of the more popular third party gateways are 2checkout and Authorize.net

Additionally, Paypal is also a very popular choice. When using Paypal’s gateway, your customers are able to pay with their Paypal or bank accounts. Or they can choose to checkout as a ‘guest’ where they are able to pay for the items in their cart using a credit card. Please see our Help Doc on Paypal for more information about it and how to connect it to your store. 

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Martin,

what payment gateway have you finally decided on ? I have the same issue, I am on Shopify 5 years now, using Braintree and now Braintree requires the Cardinal, that is charged minimum 25 USD per month. This is unacceptable of course to be penalised only because Shopify did not connect yet other Payment Gateways for the Czech Republic. I would be gratefull for any advise.

Currently, I cannot process any payment through my e-shop!

Thank you

Ivana

ivana.rosova@ivanarosova.com

00420 603 929 881

www.ivanarosova.com

0 Likes