How do you add shipping boxes to certain products?

Highlighted
1 0 0

I sell a number of different products so all of the boxes are different.  Which also means that all of the weight is different.  I ran a report for all of the shipping this year and I have LOST SEVERAL THOUSAND dollars because this shipping on this platform is crap.  I have products that Shopify charges $8 to ship from UPS and then I get the bill of $52 or I have a product that should ship for $15 but the shipping tried to use $55 so I lose the sell.  I have tried using the "advanced"  subscription, and even a third party app and its just cost me MORE money.  

Anyone have a suggestion or should I move to another platform?  I've used this for 3+ years hoping they would fix this but that hasn't happened.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
461 7 39

Hi @WhiteRhinoFab,

As you may know, you're having trouble with Shopify's limitation of only having a single box size that is sent off to the carrier for a live rate calculation, which is called the 'default box'.  In order to add different boxes for different products based on weight & dimensions, you will have to use an app like our Multi Carrier Shipping Label.

The app helps you add custom boxes for each of your products based on its weight & dimensions. The app then chooses the right box based on the customer input at checkout and calculates the accurate carrier calculated rates. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes