How long to activate 2checkout & I can't set up buy link

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 1

hello. my store is operating from and i was adviced to set up 2Checkouts as a payment method. its 3 days now ans it still says "your account is under evaluation..." 

Also, i don't understand the 'setting up a buy link' session.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
692 51 155

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Melsa!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

As 2Checkout is a third-party payment gateway, they will need to review and approve your account before you can start accepting payments. When did you originally create your account with 2Checkout? It's very likely that they are facing quite a few applications at the moment, so they may have longer processing times than usual.

If you haven't already done so, I recommend reaching out to them directly to see if they are able to provide you with a status update. They also have a help doc on how to activate and set up your 2Checkout account here; this should help shed some light on the process. 

As for your second question, are you able to elaborate on what you mean by 'setting up a buy link'? Are you referring to checkout links? A checkout link is a link to a single variant of one of your products. When the customer clicks on the link, the product is added to a checkout and they can complete the purchase from there. These links can only be generated if you have the Buy Button sales channel installed, however.

Are you currently using the Buy Button? This sales channel is typically for merchants who do not have a website hosted with Shopify and instead want to embed their products on their existing website or blog.

If you aren't using the Buy Button and you are instead referring to another type of buy link, please feel free to respond here and clarify! I'd be happy to offer further guidance. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes