How much to charge?

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Hello,

How can I provide my customers with receipts? 

Ideally, I would like to send them a receipt as part of the confirmation email, either the first email after payment is captured, or the second email after the item is shipped.

Also, is there any way to make receipts downloadable through the website (for logged in customers)?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3392 252 610

Hi @mapleheart,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Your customers will automatically get an order confirmation email once they place an order and then another email once their order has been shipped through the notification section of your store. You can see and edit your notifications by taking these steps: Settings > Notifications > Order Confirmation

You can take things one step further and get some apps to customize the invoices and receipts even further should you wish. There are a wide variety of invoice and receipt apps in the Shopify app store which you can see here

In terms of making the receipts downloadable, you would need to do that via an app. There is one app for this which springs to mind called Mega PDF Generator here

Hopefully, this helps and answers your question! 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted

Hi,

@Nick, thanks for recommending our app! 

@mapleheart indeed, our app allows to download each invoice individually. Making invoices available in customer's account is also in our backlog – we will post an update as soon as this feature is live. In the meantime feel free to install Mega PDF Invoice Generator and let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions.