How ro hide "Remember this for next time" - checkmark when not using Shopify Pay

Highlighted
6 0 0

Dear support,

currently we're not using Shopify Pay. In the checkout, there is this checkmark "remember this for next time". For a long time I was thinking this checkmark would send our the account invite email because the customer could state his willingness to create an account with it. Well, I was wrong (... which is a pity, because such a field would really make sense ...).  Now I found out this Checkmark just makes "something being remembered until next time". Well,  what? Under what circumstances? Until when? Does the user need an account? Wouldn't the info then be remembered anyway? Unfortunately, I couldn't find any detailed info about that.

Well now there is this checkmark, and I have no Idea what to do with it. Since I see no sense it it, I'd like to hide itbecause unneccessary fields are probably not really good for the conversion rate.

But I can't hide it unless I'm Plus customer, right?

Any advice what to do with this field when you're not using Shopify Pay?

Thanks for your help,

Tom

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 77

Hi, Tom!

This is Max from the Shopify Team. 

I think the checkmark you're seeing is connected to the expedited function of Shopify Pay. If you'd prefer to not offer Shopify Pay (and in turn this tickbox) then you can simply remove it from the settings within your admin: 

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Payment providers.
  2. In the Shopify Payments section, click Edit:
  3. Untick Shopify Pay in the ACCELERATED CHECKOUTS section:The checkbox for Shopify Pay
  4. Click Save.

This feature was introduced to help encourage faster, less cumbersome checkouts for online shoppers. It allows customers to save their credit card information, shipping and billing addresses all to create a faster checkout on any Shopify store that offers this feature.

That being said, there are some other ways to gather customer information and create accounts that might suit what you thought was happening within the checkout of your store. 

• Customer account options at checkout. Do you have these offered (Settings > Checkout > scroll to Customer accounts)? You'll be gathering some information anyway if the order goes through, but creating accounts could be a good way to engage customers. More about customer accounts here.
  • Building a customer list for email marketing. This doc goes into some more details on what you can do once you start gathering interested customers' details.
  • Then, if you haven't already, think about adding some power to your email content. Do you have a program to help you create and send content? There's a MailChimp integration that is quite popular, for example.

Since we're at it, I'd also suggest checking out some articles on the subject for a more well-rounded view on email marketing. because it is still so lauded as being a big power in pushing sales and customer engagement.

If you need any more information or help, please let us know! We'd love to chat more about what you're thinking and working on to improve your business and customer interactions!

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 2

Hi @Max

Sorry to bring this topic back, but I found the same problem and the solution you recommended is not working at the moment.

I want to hide/remove the option to "Save this information for next time" at checkout.

Screenshot 2020-07-21 at 12.56.31.png

I have unticked all the options of Accelerated Checkout, but the option to save the information is still showing up on the check out.

Screenshot 2020-07-21 at 12.57.46.png

How can I disable that option?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi 

Was there a solution to @GusD's question as I am finding the same thing. I have unselected all Accelerated Checkout options and the "Save this information for next time"  is still appearing at checkout @Max?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

same issue. I have disabled Shopify pay, but the checkbox is still visible.

0 Likes