How to Change PayPal Account

3 0 0

I connected my store to an old paypal account just to test the integration but now I am ready to go live I can't see any way to change to a different paypal account.

Can anyone provide the steps to do this please?

I read on another thread that it might be necessary to change the settings on the paypal website, but I have investigated that and cannot find any way from within paypal to link my site to a different account or even change the business details of the existing account.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi Paul,

Try going into the Settings>Payments and under Paypal Checkout to deactivate your account and then logging into Paypal with the new/right account and going back to the Paypal Checkout to activate choosing the dropdown of the options (I used PayPal Express Checkout) and then it should redirect you to the Paypal site to proceed with activating it. 

Hope that helps,

Alan

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
346 0 47

Hi Paul,

Alan is correct! You just need to deactivate your PayPal, then "reactivate" it with your correct account. You will most likely need to choose "PayPal Express" upon setting up again. :)

Alicia | Support Lead for Shopify
1 Like
3 0 0

Thanks very much Alan and Alicia - that seems to have done the trick :)

I had read elsewhere that deactivating then reactivating would just reactivate the old account but that does not appear to be the case.

0 Likes