How to Include a Refundable Shipping Deposit?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

My business sells products that must be shipped in specialized containers, which are not cheap. I'm requesting that upon receiving his order, the customer will send me back the container. Of course, I have to protect myself against the risk of a customer failing to follow this instruction, so I'm tacking the price of the container onto the price of the product. It is only once my container is returned to me that I will refund the deposit.

I want to be transparent about this to my customers, so I will give them a heads-up on various pages of the site, but I don't want the extra fee included in the price listed in the store, since after all, it will be refunded. Ideally, I'd like to show the full price along with the deposit amount only in the cart / checkout pages. What's a good way to accomplish this?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi hbs,

That's a great question. We're creating an app that would add this option for the refundable deposit amount during the check out. Could you please share any additional requirements with me at ksenia@tactiq.io so we can adopt our solution to work for you too? Particularly interested in the taxation questions: Do you need to receive deposit to a separate bank account as they are "liability" or is it not necessary for you? Thanks, looking forward.

0 Likes