Can a Vanilla Card Be Accepted as Payment on Shopify?

Duchess_
Excursionist
24 1 7

Hello,

I have a customer that's want to use a vanilla gift card for a draft/custom order. I know how to create a custom/draft order, my problem is they can't pay by PayPal so they want to use a vanilla debit card which is a prepaid debit card. Is there an option to to give them to pay by the prepaid debit card? Should I just make an product page for it and let them pay that way? Any other ideas?

Replies 4 (4)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, @Duchess_.

Julie here from Shopify Support. Thanks for reaching out!

It shouldn't matter whether your customer completes the purchase directly on your website or whether you create a draft order; the payment will be processed through the payment gateways you have set up in Settings > Payments regardless. 

However, when it comes to accepting payments from customers, it's important to note that not all payment gateways support prepaid debit cards. I'd love to confirm if this is actually the case. Which payment gateways do you currently have set up in Settings > Payments? Also, have you emailed your customer the draft order invoice and have they attempted payment using their Vanilla prepaid debit card? If so, did they receive any errors? 

Looking forward to your update!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Duchess_
Excursionist
24 1 7

Hello, 

Thank you for replying. I did send them a draft order and they didn't mention any hold up or errors while paying. Since I have received payment I'm going to say it was a good run.

cyberkyd
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey @Duchess_ 

I'm in a similar situation. Need to setup a payment gateway which accepts Visa/Amex/Mastercard Prepaid Cards alongside the regular card's from Clients.

Could you help me make a recommendation so as to which merchants support these prepaid cards.

Thankyou.

Edward32
Visitor
1 0 0

Could you help me make a recommendation so as to which merchants support these prepaid cards.