I'm having a hard time figuring out how to add a 2-5 day processing time before my items are shipped. I make handmade items - so I'm unable to ship within 24 hours after receiving an order, like what shopify wants me to automatically do. I'd like to add a 2-5 day processing time that will show up on the cart page/invoice - and correspond with the estimated shipping delivery. (So the estimated delivery time will add in the 2-5 day processing time - - - so the over all shipping delivery estimate will be pushed back 2-5 days)
Can someone please help me? Again - I've searched and searched and have not found an answer.
This is Ren from the Shopify support team and I may be able to help out here.
I just wanted to start by saying I love that you are selling your handmade products on Shopify - I'd love to know what your craft is!
There are several things you can do here to set appropriate processing and shipping time expectations for your customers.
1. Detail your processing and time expectations on your shipping page. Often customers will check here once they start wondering where their order is. This is a great place to describe your processing timeframe and avoid customer support debt.
2. Add processing time information into your order confirmation notification.
3. Change you theme language to reflect the additional processing days. You can learn how to change the theme language here. Use the search field to find all the places in your checkout that using "shipping" language and rewords it to reflect your processing time.
4. Use an app like Custom Order Status to update your customers with email notifications through each step. You can update to let them know when their order is in production, when it's being prepped to ship and when it's on it's way out. These options are highly customizable as well and particularly useful if you want to offer (upsell) rush orders.
Let me know what you think and if those suggestions are what you had in mind!
Ren | Social team @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution