How to add a custom payment gateway?

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Hello, 

my eshop is located in Greece, and i would like to use a local payment gateway, supported by the greek bank "Alpha Bank" (it's using Delta Pay). 

How can i do this?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
959 1 56

Hey Michael,

Generally speaking you cannot add a custom payment gateway to process credit cards online. This has to do with the fact that all credit card processing has to go through our ActiveMerchant protocols in order to be securely processed to protect both the customer and the shop from potential problems that can arise from a non-secured gateway.

As it stands right now, the only payment gateways that we support in Greece are found on this page here:

http://www.shopify.com/payment-gateways/greece

Talk to you soon!

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
133 0 8

Alpha Bank should have access to the First Data platform (Omaha) I believe. Here's what you need to do, get a PayPal Payflow Pro gateway (works with Shopify) and get a VAR sheet (setup forum basically) from Alpha Bank and get this over to PayPal. This should solve your problem and allow you to use Alpha Bank.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Thanks for the reply. So there is ablosultely no way of using Alpha Bank as payment gateway system? Even if we add it's system somehow to the website code?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

@Matthew.

I just contacted Alpha Bank, and they informed me that "DeltaPAY" payment gateway is provided by First Data. I see that First Data is on the list of possible payment gateways but not for greece. How can we use this?

Thanks,

Michael

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Can someone of Shopify staff please answer to me?

Thanks,

Michael

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
959 1 56

Hey Michael,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you! Though FirstData is a gateway that we integrate with in the United States, we simply do not have the ability to integrate with FirstData (and therefore Alpha Bank's Delta Pay) in your region. For the time being, you will simply have to use one of the gateways that are on the list that I linked to previously.

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hello, 

my eshop is located in Israel, and i would like to use a local payment gateway CELLARIX.

How can i do this? or provide me any solution.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
959 1 56

Hi Shaan!

Thanks for reaching out about this. I'll let the integrations team aware of your request, and if we get enough traction, we may be able to add Cellarix in the future.

Talk to you soon!

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

does it mean their is no integration yet or cannot be added as customize payment gateway

0 Likes