How to add a different order status or set to Pending

Highlighted
1 0 0

I would like to know how to add customized order status to our shopify backend. While looking around I saw some people mention setting an order to Pending but cannot find how to do this either.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
141 0 15

Hi Shell,

Brian here from the Shopify support team :)

The customization of the order status would depend on a few different things. For example if you capture the order payment, refund or fulfill the items within the order, the status will change accordingly. 

The only way you would be able to have the status of an order set to "Pending", is if you have manually created the order. You would be able to click Mark as pending if you are awaiting payment for the current order. When you receive payment for the order, you can mark it as paid from your Orders page. Until then, its payment status would remain as Pending.

This Shopify document shows you how to create manual orders step by step:

https://docs.shopify.com/manual/orders/create-orders

I hope this helps you out :)

Kind regards,

Brian
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Any way to enter a partial payment or simply set the status to "Partially Paid" on orders in Shopify Desktop Dashboard. I'm only seeing "Mark as Paid" as an option.

Thanks in advance!

Ashley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
187 0 27

Hi Shell and Ashley!

Diana here from the Shopify Support Team.

In answer to the original question, those merchants may have been using a special App (like Custom Order Status by Spice Gems) to create any order statuses that aren't among the pre-made ones Shopify provides, like Unfulfilled/Partially Fulfilled/Fulfilled, etc. If the payment status needs to be 'Pending', you can follow Brian M's instructions above, or you can also set the checkout to manually capture payments--then all transactions would appear in your Admin as either "Authorized" or "Pending" payment (depending on if it was a credit card or custom payment method) until you capture the funds yourself.

I'm a fan of automation and simplicity however, so I'd personally recommend leaving the payment capture as automatic to make sure you don't miss the authorization period by accident, and look into the App to see if it will help!

As for if you can enter a partial payment, currently the only way to accept partial payments for orders is to do it on the Shopify POS system (although it isn't currently possible on Android POS). Online sales will require full payment to proceed past the payment section of the checkout.

Hope this helps a bit! :)

Diana | Shopify Guru ~ Contact Shopify 24/7 at support.shopify.com!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

That is incorrect.  you can get a partial payment from the online store.   I gave a discount after the sale and now I'm stuck with a partial payment and can't change it.   Very frustrated.

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
461 7 39

Hello,

If you are referring to a custom tracking dashboard or a "Track your order" page for your customers, try the Shipment tracking & notify app. The app helps you make order tracking a part of your online store with a customisable integrated Tracking Lookup Page.

You can also get live tracking updates on the Tracking Dashboard and monitor all your shipments from various integrated carriers which can be customised as well.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes