How to add free shipping in order Pickup option

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,
I have a store that provides delivery and pickup option to customers.

I want to add free shipping when customer choose order pickup and add shipping charges when they choose delivery.
How can I do that?
I am passing locale=en-CA in the url for pickup and locale=en for delivery.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
559 59 108

Hi there,

Hyde here from Shopify. That's an interesting question!

Shipping rates can only really be determined based on order weight or value, not on the shipping method, as you can read in this help document. Here's a screenshot of it:

Really your best bet, in this case, would be to make use of a shipping app like Advanced Shipping Rules or Bespoke Shipping. They can create different shipping rates based on the selected delivery method.

I'm not sure I've entirely understood what you mean when you say "I am passing locale=en-CA in the URL for pickup and locale=en for delivery." Could you explain that a little more for me, please?

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
153 6 15

@ravigreencubes ,

There is also a really nice solution with the Advanced Shipping Manager app along with a lot of other features.  Let me know if you would like a demo of this solution.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
38 4 15

You are able to do a in-store pick up workaround using weight based shipping.

1.  Create a product titled "In-Store Pick Up" and apply a crazy weight on it. example: 1,000lbs 
  2. Go into your shipping section and create a new Shipping Zone or Update your existing one by using the "Add Rate" button below.
    1. Here is where you can create a whole new Shipping Zone for those States that you would like to be able to see the in-store pick up option. If you don't want to apply a State restriction add it to your current Shipping Zone.
  3. Name your Rate as how you would like it to show on the Shipping Section of the Checkout page. Leave the price a 0.00 and select add conditions. Select weight based and fill the min weight as the weight of the "In-Store Pick Up" item.

Your customer will have to add this specific item to the cart every time they would like to pick up. You are able to instruct the customer to leave a note with pick up information/instructions.

You might however run into issues will customers who will abuse of this system just to get free shipping. (We get one every now and than and we use an app)

The other option is to use an App that does that for you: here is a list of in-store pick up apps

0 Likes