How to add other shipping Methode that not supported?

Tji_Fung
3 0 0

Hi,

I have a problem finding a local shipping carrier in Indonesia, this is become important as we have a local carrier like JNE, TIKI and Pos Indonesia. we cannot use International shipping carrier as the cost will be high. please somebody help me out on this? i have been thinking a "widget" but that will be not possible.

Thanks a lot

Tji Fung

0 Likes
Jami
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
209 1 26

Hi Tji Fung, 

Jamie here from Shopify. You are welcome to use **any** shipping company you would like with Shopify. If you have local options that you would like to use, that's great! It's a matter of finding out deciding where you would like to ship to, who you would like to use as your shipping carrier, how much they charge to ship your products, and how much you would like to charge your customers for shipping. You would use this information to set up your shipping rates in your admin > settings > shipping. This Shopify Doc goes into detail about setting up your shipping rates. 

You can use this Shopify doc to set up your custom shipping provider in your email notifications so your customers will still be informed who you are shipping through, and can follow any applicable tracking information. 

I hope that helps! Please let me know if I have misunderstood. 

0 Likes
Tji_Fung
3 0 0

Hi Jamie,

Is my plan limited for this feature?

as I cannot find it in my setting, when I choose shipping zone Indonesia, then there is only 1 shipping cost and methode can be use, cannot find the drop down menu for my local shipping carrier.

0 Likes
Tji_Fung
3 0 0

Hi Jamie,

I want to make it more clear that in our local shipping we have many city ans all in different shipping cost. I got problem as we only can put one shipping methode in one country, and the shipping cost also flat for one area.

0 Likes
Jami
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
209 1 26

Hi there, 

There are no limitations on the number/name of shipping rates based on your plan. The first thing you will want to do is create your shipping zone. It sounds like in this case it will be for Indonesia. This will look something like this: 

Once you have a shipping zone set up for Indonesia you can then add shipping rates. You can have any number of rates set up for this zone. It can look something like this: 

You don't need to choose your carrier as you will likely be setting up your rates manually.

I hope that helps! Feel free to jump on a call/chat if you would like to work this out 1:1 with someone here on the guru team - docs.shopify.com/support

0 Likes
sugeng_yunianto
Tourist
3 0 5

Hai Jamie, All Indonesian shopify user will face this kind of problem. Indonesia is Huge Country with more than thousand of island. Tha't why we can not only set shipping rate based on price or weight. Every city in Indonesia have a different shipping rate , event every district or sub district can have different shipping rate. It's like we need to add another zone inside Indonesia zone. Help us to overcome this problem for shopify user in Indonesia. I've read some user already swicth to another  paltform because of this issue, Thanx You

0 Likes
fathia
2 0 0

Hi there,

It's useless.. i've asked them in 2013 and they didn't event understand what i was talking about. Then I used to use app like indoco but it seems like this app is no longer available on shopify apps list. Then i found indoshipping, but haven't tried it yet since it's very costly.

Shopify is great, but they ignore Indonesian users. Many other local platforms offer the more "local" ways for transaction process and also cheaper that shopify. I think shopify are in a big loss to ignore Indonesian users, since they still have no response for this Indoensia shipping cost problem until now.

Hope you can share here if you already have the solution. 

thank you

0 Likes
MOS-SMO
Shopify Partner
5 0 3

I've been struggling for 2 months now trying to figure out how to properly set up the whipping within Indonesia with its myriad of different prices and shipping options that don't follow a transparent system. What we need is an app that lets the customer choose from different shipping companies and real costs. So sad this huge market is being ignored for so long. Lazada and Shopee solve the problem very well. 

0 Likes
MOS-SMO
Shopify Partner
5 0 3

if any of you guys can give me a recommendation for a platform which is better suited for Indonesia than Shopify please send me a message!

0 Likes
fathia
2 0 0
Hi!
You can use app like indoco, but now it is no longer listed on shopify apps. You can visit indoco.site and contact their number.
I’ve tried 2 Indonesian platforms so far. If you don’t mind with poor resolution and template, you can try Yukbisnis. They also have many interesting features that can be very useful for indonesian environtment.
If you want better appearence, you can try Sirclo. They’ve improved their themes selection.
But, above all, shopify has the best speed. Speed is really important if you run campaign from social media. Yubi and Sirclo is very poor in speed. Shopify also is the easiest platform to be integrated with facebook and instagram. You don’t have to built product collection manually and you can run dynamic campaign direct from it.
It’s all based on my experience. If you need more information, i’m open for further discussion.
Thank you!
0 Likes