Solved

How to change bank info when originally entered incorrectly?

cindyeklund
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi all, when setting up my Shopify store, I apparently incorrectly put in my the wrong details for my bank account. I am now receiving and error: 

To change your bank account, make the following changes:

• Old account must match the information we have on file. Contact support if you need further help.

The problem is, I can't match the old information as I don't know what error I made.

Accepted Solution (1)
Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, @Raven_Sellers. Welcome to the Community! I’m more than happy to help you get the assistance you need for this. 

We’ll need to access your account in order to proceed with the steps to change your bank account information. At this time, we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community, therefore we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback instead. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. But please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 29 (29)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hi, @cindyeklund

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Welcome to the Community, and thanks for reaching out about this.

To confirm that there is an error in the account number previously entered that is preventing the change, please first double check your banking details and re-enter them in your Shopify Payments settings following the steps in this Help Doc

You can find your banking information to confirm it one of the following ways:

• On the bottom of a blank cheque
  • Through your online banking account, or
  • By contacting your bank directly

If you are still having trouble changing bank accounts after confirming the details, please reply back here and I’m happy to proceed with the next steps to work towards resolving this for you.

cindyeklund
Tourist
3 0 1
Thanks but I’ve already done that and it tells me my origin account number that I entered is incorrect.
cindyeklund
Tourist
3 0 1
I already tried that but it told me my bank account number was incorrect so it could not be changed.
Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Thank you for confirming that, @cindyeklund.

In order to get this information changed for you, we’ll need assistance from our Account Integrity department. Therefore, I am sending you an email so that I can authenticate your account and get this sent into them ASAP. Keep an eye out for it!

Dylan78
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey Helen, I have to change my bank account but I dont have my old bank account--I changed banks and moved and I dont have it--can I by pass it?

Thanks,

Dylan

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hey, @Dylan78. Thanks for reaching out! 

You can’t bypass having to enter your previous banking information in order to change it. However, if that information is not available to you, our Account Integrity team can work through this with you in order to get your banking information updated. 

Feel free to contact live support if you would like more immediate assistance with getting this escalated to the Account Integrity team. However, I’m also happy to help facilitate this for you. Please keep an eye out for an email coming from me with the next steps, and reply back if you’d prefer for me to proceed with it for you. 

Thanks!

OFFICIALHAIIE
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue anyway you can emailed me too?

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hi, @OFFICIALHAIIE!

I’m happy to help you out with this as well. Please keep an eye out for an email.

Thanks,

mrsramsey
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello I have also made the same mistake. I entered the account incorrectly and cant change the bank info since i dont know what mistake i made.

Can you please help me?

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hello, @mrsramsey. No worries! We’re happy to help you out with this.

As mentioned in my previous reply within this thread, we’re currently unable to assist with account specific issues like this here in the Community. Therefore, please login to your account through the Shopify Help Center to connect with a Support Advisor via live chat, email or phone callback. From there, they’ll be able to initiate the escalation for you to the appropriate department in order to assist you further with updating your banking information. 

If I can help with anything else please let me know.

Lakerns
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, I came across the same issue. I entered my bank info incorrectly, and need it reset so i can correct my bank account information 

Can you please help 

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hello, @Lakerns. Certainly! I’m happy to help guide you with where to find assistance with this. 

As I mentioned in my previous reply above, we're unable to currently assist directly with account specific issues here in the Community. So, please reach out to us via live chat, email or phone callback and we’re happy to help you get this sorted out.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

miguelsan
7 0 0

Hi I'm having a problem as well with my bank account information because bank account was entered the wrong account and don't know what was entered I need help.

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hey, @miguelsanThanks for reaching out to the Community with your question.

I can see that you’ve created a few other posts with the same inquiry. I replied with a solution in one of those threads here, however I also see that you’ve since been in touch with support and a ticket has been opened to resolve this for you. That’s great!

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know!

The-gloss-drips
Tourist
7 0 1

when i turned shopify payments back on the same bank account information came up .I still don't know the account number for the mistake and didn't receive my payout 

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hi, @The-gloss-drips. Welcome to the Community. I’m happy to help you out with this! 

Was the payout deposited at all into the account that is currently attached to your Shopify Payments account? You can determine this by going to ‘Settings > Payments > View Payouts’ in your admin. You’ll be able to see here if the payout was paid, or if it failed

If it has been paid, please click on it to also check if the bank account it was deposited into looks familiar to you.  It should show the bank name and last 2 digits of the account number as seen here, for example:

21-01-cjjc5-bjmxb

If the account is familiar, please then double check your bank account information as suggested earlier in this thread on 04-07-2020 via the following ways, just in case it is a matter of a small error in your account number entry:

• On the bottom of a blank cheque
  • Through your online banking account, or
  • By contacting your bank directly

If the above doesn’t help, don’t worry! Please reply back here to let me know, and include any screenshots of errors or notifications regarding your payout, or when you try to update your bank account info. This way we can proceed with the next steps, which will require an escalation to our Account Integrity department. I’ll contact them on your behalf with all of the information and screenshots you’ll provide, and they’ll be able to further assist you with updating your bank information. 

Thanks!

The-gloss-drips
Tourist
7 0 1
It was not paid to me I’ll try that now
Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

How did it go, @The-gloss-drips  Did you have any luck being able to change the bank account information after referencing it from another source?

Also in regards to your payout, could you please clarify a little bit more about it not being paid to you? Does it show as failed in ‘Settings > Payments > View payouts’? Are there any notifications at the top of your payout page that elaborate further on its status?

The-gloss-drips
Tourist
7 0 1
I’m using PayPal now and still didn’t receive my first payout. I rather
use shopify payment but I’m still unable to change my banking information.
Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Ok, no worries, @The-gloss-drips!

I’m sending you an email now. Please reply to it with the requested information, when you get a chance. I’ll investigate it further, and coordinate with the appropriate departments to sort this out for you.

The-gloss-drips
Tourist
7 0 1

Thank you very much 

Raven_Sellers
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello Helen , im having the same exact issue. can you send me that email as well.

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, @Raven_Sellers. Welcome to the Community! I’m more than happy to help you get the assistance you need for this. 

We’ll need to access your account in order to proceed with the steps to change your bank account information. At this time, we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community, therefore we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback instead. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. But please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks!

Ghizguin
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the exact problem 

Thebeyverse
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi I’m having this same problem and no one has gotten back to me is there any way you can help me fix this 

sarahwolfe2008
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

I am having the exact issue. the banking information is incorrect. how do i get this fixed.

mahasobhi047
Tourist
22 0 3

Hey Helen,

I am also in same trouble I want to change my bank account but i dont have existing details as my account has been closed and bank is not providing recieving accounts for help. Moreover i cant accept payouts in that account so i dont want the payouts to be send there. I am in a panic situation as i have protected my store and my customers are asking again and again when website will be live. I have contacted 3 times woth live chat they are saying you will recieve an email by billing team to overcome this step but its been 6 days there is no response and i dont know what to do. I am in trouble this time, my business and customers are suffering

reta
Visitor
2 0 0

hello ,

im having the same problem , i entered wrong routing number and im trying to enter the new one it wont let me , please i need your help .

i have many orders and my website is live and all the payment pending 

pearlcultivator
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there,

I also have the same issue and I have been waiting the "online chat" for a long time with no response.  Please help!