How to change bank info when originally entered incorrectly?

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi all, when setting up my Shopify store, I apparently incorrectly put in my the wrong details for my bank account. I am now receiving and error: 

To change your bank account, make the following changes:

• Old account must match the information we have on file. Contact support if you need further help.

The problem is, I can't match the old information as I don't know what error I made.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
692 72 109

Hi, @cindyeklund

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Welcome to the Community, and thanks for reaching out about this.

To confirm that there is an error in the account number previously entered that is preventing the change, please first double check your banking details and re-enter them in your Shopify Payments settings following the steps in this Help Doc

You can find your banking information to confirm it one of the following ways:

• On the bottom of a blank cheque
  • Through your online banking account, or
  • By contacting your bank directly

If you are still having trouble changing bank accounts after confirming the details, please reply back here and I’m happy to proceed with the next steps to work towards resolving this for you.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
Thanks but I’ve already done that and it tells me my origin account number that I entered is incorrect.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
I already tried that but it told me my bank account number was incorrect so it could not be changed.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
692 72 109

Thank you for confirming that, @cindyeklund.

In order to get this information changed for you, we’ll need assistance from our Account Integrity department. Therefore, I am sending you an email so that I can authenticate your account and get this sent into them ASAP. Keep an eye out for it!

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey Helen, I have to change my bank account but I dont have my old bank account--I changed banks and moved and I dont have it--can I by pass it?

Thanks,

Dylan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
692 72 109

Hey, @Dylan78. Thanks for reaching out! 

You can’t bypass having to enter your previous banking information in order to change it. However, if that information is not available to you, our Account Integrity team can work through this with you in order to get your banking information updated. 

Feel free to contact live support if you would like more immediate assistance with getting this escalated to the Account Integrity team. However, I’m also happy to help facilitate this for you. Please keep an eye out for an email coming from me with the next steps, and reply back if you’d prefer for me to proceed with it for you. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue anyway you can emailed me too?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
692 72 109

Hi, @OFFICIALHAIIE!

I’m happy to help you out with this as well. Please keep an eye out for an email.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi I'm having a problem as well with my bank account information because bank account was entered the wrong account and don't know what was entered I need help.

0 Likes