Solved

How to connect my shopify account with my stripe account.

AleksaAleksic
Tourist
6 0 0

Hello everyone, i just opened my stripe account but i don't know how to connect it and set up to be ready for payment to my shop. Thanks to everyone who can help.

Accepted Solution (1)
Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

This is an accepted solution.

@AleksaAleksic 

I'm afriad it will not be possible to use Stripe in that case, as Shopify Payments is available for your country. A Tax Identification Number (TIN) will be required to use Shopify Payments, as Stripe requires store owners in Austria to be registered with their local tax offices. You can find more information on obtaining a TIN here. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 9 (9)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

Hi, @AleksaAleksic

Great question! Stripe is only available to select countries, so you'll first need to be operating from an eligible country. You can check the list of available payment providers for your country by going to our payment provider page and selecting the country you're operating from. If you do not see Stripe listed, then you will not be able to connect your account and will require using a different payment provider. If you do see Stripe available, then you'll be able to enable the payment provider by going to Settings/Payment Providers. 

In the event that you are in a country where Shopify Payments is available, then you would want to consider using Shopify Payments as Stripe will not be available. Shopify Payments is available in the following countries: 

Shopify Payments is backboned by Stripe and offers many of the same features. However; it will not be possible to connect your Stripe account to Shopify Payments as Shopify Payments is a separate entity. 

If you have any issues connecting Stripe, questions about Shopify Payments, or selecting a new payment provider, let me know!

AleksaAleksic
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi Peter, thank you for the answer, i live in Austria, which means I can use stripe and shopify payments, but i would like to use stripe because shopify payment is asking for tax number which i don't have(that is my second problem that i am trying to solve). but in settings> payment I couldn't find how to connect my stripe account.

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

This is an accepted solution.

@AleksaAleksic 

I'm afriad it will not be possible to use Stripe in that case, as Shopify Payments is available for your country. A Tax Identification Number (TIN) will be required to use Shopify Payments, as Stripe requires store owners in Austria to be registered with their local tax offices. You can find more information on obtaining a TIN here. 

AleksaAleksic
Tourist
6 0 0

Now I understand, thank you Peter. I am very grateful for your help !!!

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

Happy to help!

Charlescantin
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello,

I’m in Canada and need to use Stripe as payment gateways for more options. It is not available as a mean to accept credit card, nor in the alternative payment list. Does it mean I can’t use it in Canada on a Shopify account?

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@Charlescantin 

It is not possible to use Stripe if you are based in Canada as Shopify Payments would be available to you. Could you tell me what features you can get from Stripe that Shopify Payments does not offer?

Charlescantin
Visitor
2 0 0
Hello Peter 🙂

1) Stripe offers more options with subscriptions; pause (with specific rules) and annual discount on yearly subscriptions.

2) Since I also have a mobile app for my customer to manage their services, it needs to be integrated with Stripe for optional payment on the fly (for services not offered in Squarespace store).

Regards,
Charles
Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@Charlescantin 

Thank you for the context. 

1. Recurring payments aren't supported in Shopify and would require using a recurring payment app. Most of these apps use Stripe already. 

2. Would having a recurring payment app, resolve this? Or are there specific requirements to have this setup? Is your Shopify store already built into your app? - More details on this would help!