How to disable Combined shipping rate at checkout?

Solved
Paulckp
3 0 0

+1

The items located in different locations, we would like the customer to just pay 1 shipping charge instead of combining all of them.

We also need Shopify to how which location should fulfill those items.

Please give me a suggestion for this.

Shopify should fix this as I see this is a very basic requirement, but no way to do this at this moment.

0 Likes
AndusMcabu
Tourist
5 0 4

How is the adding of shipping rates still a problem? It should be a simple thing to give us an option of whether the rates are combined or not. Paying extra for an app for something so simple is not acceptable. 

anarchycamp
Tourist
3 0 2

Agreed, this is ridiculous and needs to be sorted out ASAP.  From a development perspective it is NOT complicated.

NLos87
1 0 1

Using 3rd party paid app IS NOT an acceptable solution for something so basic. Shopify really swings and misses with some basic operational things like this. 

We ship from 1 location, but have a separate profile for battery products, where we only ship to continental US. If someone buys one of our other products from shipping profile 1 and a battery from shipping profile 2, it combines the shipping. 

Why would the Shopify backend be configured that way in the first place?

AnthBraid
1 0 0

Has there been any change with this. I too would like to stop the postage costs being combined.

0 Likes
hugoindustries
Tourist
9 0 5

Just ran into this issue. It's crazy how Shopify doesn't have some of these basic features in place and instead ask you to pay third party app developers ridiculous monthly payments to achieve this.

First it was the lack of scan forms. Finally they got around to implementing scan forms. Now it's this combined shipping. *sigh*

0 Likes
tppear
1 0 1

I don't like how this is marked as solved - how is it not possible to have the higher shipping rate override the others when items are combined? I don't feel it's fair at all to be expected to pay $30 a month for something that should be a basic feature.

KaiHugo
1 0 0

Shopify please fix this..

0 Likes
mittens
4 0 0

Hey there!

100% +1 on this too!!! It's honestly baffling that this is still not an option..

We would basically only want to have two profiles, Profile 1 and Profile 2. We would add products to each profile and have Shopify just pick the more expensive profile if one item in Checkout is from that profile.. An option that says "Use shipping profile of Checkout item with the highest shipping costs" is all we need! 

For our scenario, we have had the idea to do a workaround like this. This only works, when you don't need the weight indications of products for anything else:  

Create 1 shipping profile and split it up in "Letter" and "Package" for example. For "Letter" the weight condition is "0g-0g". For "Package" the weight condition "from 100g" (or any other value > 0). Now add a weight of 100g to all items that need the more costly shipping profile. All others need to be set to 0g. Now, when there are items from both categories in Checkout, Shopify picks the more expensive category and does not add up. 

Do let me know if I've made a terrible error in reasoning here  

0 Likes
FORTLondon
Excursionist
20 1 8

Has this been fixed / has there been any progress on this? It’s crazy it’s not an option... we’re also having the same issue.

0 Likes