How to disable Combined shipping rate at checkout?

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Please get on that and fix it pronto

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 3

+1 Just spent over 2 hours on chat and no solution...

Im shipping from a POD service, where Iv assigned a flat rate, and then my own shops items which I fulfill my self, which Iv assigned carrier based options. When a customer has both in their cart, it just picks the cheapest option for my items and combines it with the flat rate and calls it good. Thats extremely limiting for my customers. Not happy at all.

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hello +1 ! 

I have the same problem here, I sell two types of product currently on the website, each with a different delivery charge.

Obviously when a person puts on a product of each type, the costs add up and it just becomes unthinkable.

Considering the number of people having the same problem and the basic price of Shopify it might be time to give people the possibility of having more freedom in shipping costs ?!

Especially since the third party app are just way too expensive and require most of the time to switch to a premium plan.

@Ash have you a solution for all the customers who reply on this post plz ?

Highlighted
2 0 5

This is a simple feature, even Wordpress does it.

I had lost sales, high carts abandon after creating new shipping profiles. My customers are upset on the combined shipping cost. We wasted time on explaining, checking, combining and refunding. 

Come on Shopify, get this fixed. Downloading app is not feasible. It is like selling a car without steering wheel.

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Similar problem to what I've got. I've had to put up the price of postage for small cheap items just so they can all be delivered at the right rate when combined. This has undoubtedly reduced my conversions

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 6

This is a really big problem with Shopify. Some items I dropship, others I fulfil myself. I like to charge a flat fee for postage, but then if a customer orders a product from both locations they get charged twice.

I have been chatting to live chat at EKM about the problem and they assure me that it would not happen on their platform, the customer would just get charged one postage charge.

If they can do it why can't Shopify. As someone in this thread suggested, it could just be a tick option while setting up shipping to say that it should just charge the higher fee not both.

I am seriously thinking of moving away  from Shopify if they can't sort this soon.

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 9

@Shopify what's so hard about having a check box where you select if you want to combine shipping pricing or not?

And then if the Shopify developers can handle it, perhaps if not combining, then there should be an option to use lowest or highest priced shipping option.

What an amazing world of online shopping that would be.

Highlighted
2 0 0

How did you manage to get this to work? @kittys_creation 

For me it just shows "subtotal label".

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
49 0 14

+1 for an option to turn of combined postage and allow us to state if it takes the highest or lowest value.

This is the other post where I explained my issue of the double postage charge.

This really needs to change. It seems that every time I build a shop for a client we run into another limitation with shipping settings which is becoming very off putting.

Highlighted
2 0 6

Perhaps someone Shopify could confirm if this is something they intend to implement in the very near future? Or do you have no intention of adding it? At least that way, we can make a decision as to whether to stay or go.

Joanne.