How to disable Combined shipping rate at checkout?

Solved
1 0 1

+100000000 For this!!!!!

We just need the option to use the highest shipping rate!!

And NOT combine the shipping rates!!!

This is so stupid and infuriating, we are loosing customers at checkout because of this!!!

Shopify come on, this is not hard and obviously a major issue!

Excursionist
40 1 9

@Ash - this is a massive thread now, is there any official word from shopify if this will be implemented? I add my +1 to this, the idea of shipping profiles is a good one, i have some products that must be restricted to certain countries, however the automatic combination with no ability to override is a poor design assumption based on this thread and it would be helpful to know if Shopify is going to resolve it.

Tourist
7 0 2

certainly does not look like this will ever be resolved - can the programmers simpy not add a maximum parcel cost option?

0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 4

@Ash Any Update on this?? The issue is an absolute conversion rate killer with no easy fix. Normally we would offer upsells and cross sells to customers to help save on shipping, many items (for many merchants) can be packed into one parcel  - since making the mistake of switching on Shopify profiles this is all out the door.
Please - why the silence? We all need some answers pronto. Moreso given that during Covid, shipping rates have gone through the roof.

0 Likes
1 0 1

Hey @Ash , any update on this suggestion?

Thread is getting mighty long now and i think we'd all appreciate a heads up on the likelihood of this feature going into development.

Cheers

Tourist
5 0 2

I find the silence from Shopify plain rude...this is something that a lot of your customers are crying out for and are being made to hear defeating silence...

Sort it out shopify or WE WILL have to look towards another platform.

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 6

Ash first responded on April. 8 months passed and maybe Shopify only have 1 developer. Any other platform to switch over? I am on a tight schedule to launch another 2 websites

0 Likes
2 0 2

And so shopify changed the topic in resolved by putting that the solution is the first post announcing that no solution is currently available on Shopify and that it is necessary to go through paid plugins significantly increasing the bill ...

Is that how you work at Shopify?

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
606 57 80

Hello, everyone.

Ash here from the Shopify team. I’m popping back in here because I can see there has been quite a bit of activity since my last post in this thread.

At this time, the information shared in my previous reply is still accurate and up to date. I absolutely appreciate that the combined rates at checkout is not ideal for all merchants, and I’ve been sure to share this feedback with our shipping team as well as our developers. I’ve read each reply in this thread, and I’ve included everyone’s specific feedback. While our team is aware of this impact, I’m unable to provide any sort of roadmap for changes to the feature at this time.

If changes do roll out to the shipping section of the admin, you’ll be able to keep tabs on those in our change log here. Be sure to use the filter on the right hand side to click the “Shipping” checkbox. That way you’ll be able to see updates directly related to shipping on Shopify. Additionally, if we see any updates to this feature in the near future, I’ll be sure to jump into this thread to let you all know!

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 6

We have customers complaining to us about double shipping on a weekly basis. We are now having 3 locations, and I fear for how this will end. There is a definite loss of sales because of this. It creates frustration on the part of the customer.

Why not just enable an option to disable double freight. It seems so easy to solve this rather strange "bug" in your system.

Just tonight, I had a lost sale because of this and an angry customer, wondering why she has to pay double. I have to tell her that is a bug in the system, and that I will refund her the extra shipping..

Never heard from her again.

Come on Shopify.

0 Likes