How to disable Combined shipping rate at checkout?

Highlighted
Explorer
55 0 18

Seems like every answer we always get from Shopify is to refer us to an app that costs extra.  I am having the same issue with shipping.  I spent over an hour with a "Guru" yesterday only to finally have him tell me I need to get an app.  I have about 20 apps running on my store because the developers at Shopify don't give a crap.  I'll be looking for another platform in my off season.

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi,

Just to add to the volume of people who are experiencing the same in the hope that a fix can be done...

I also have this issue with selling small items that can be posted up to large unusual sized items. And selling from 2 locations. If a customer ordered 4 items with different shipping profiles at the different locations they could end up being charged 4 times shipping amount. When I would just like Shopify to look at all shipping costs and instead of adding them up, just select the highest. Sounds like could be a simple option to choose when setting up shipping profiles...?

Tania

Highlighted
1 0 1

+1 on this issue.

I have a shipping profile for large/heavy products but the Shopify logic only works if no products from the basic profile are in the cart. For us, this results in that customers who order large products, are not able select the higher fare delivery option where the package is carried into the apartement vs. left by the door.

Breakdown of the logic/issue below:

Both profiles work as expected when ONLY products from either profiles are in the cart. See example:

-Only products from <basic profile> in cart = correct shipping rates

-Only products from <large products> in cart = correct shipping rates. (Two options: #1 Delivery to Door #2 Delivery to Floor)

I have the following issue:

When I have in cart: <basic profile> product + <large products> product = Shopify only offers option #1 Delivery to Door from <large products> shipping profiles. ie. The logic eliminates the higher fare set for <large products>.

How we want it to work is very simple:

If products in cart from <large products> = Shopify offers ONLY the two shipping options set for <large products> shipping profile. 

To clarify: We do not want Shopify to add shipping costs for <basic profile> products when cart includes products from <large products> profile.

Thank you in advance for you assistance & expertise on this matter.

FYI: We have one shipping location and one shipping zone.

Br,

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

I have the opposite problem. I'm selling items in different shipping profiles and it just charges for the more expensive profile, even though this doesn't cover the full shipping cost of the other item in the same package. I know it is important to have a market for apps to do this but surely some rudimentary functionality in terms of some basic settings are available?

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

@Cary_Silverman we solved lot of these issues at chargebikesdotcom. The inventory is carried at multiple locations, multiple shipping carriers and customer facing ship costs rules vary based on the products in the order and also where they are being shipped from (based on available inventory). Also, the requirement was to show the accurate estimated delivery dates throughout the shopper journey on product pages, cart and checkout. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 14

@_fenixcommerce can you please share your solution if you don't mind?

Highlighted
1 0 1

+1

Need a solution here as well. Combined rates is not ideal.

Highlighted
1 0 0

Adding my +1 here. We have items that are shippable and aren't and when they add both to the cart, it gives them the option to ship even if one of the items isn't shippable. i need this to stop asap as it really hacks off customers who go through the whole deciding then ordering process only to have to be contacted the next day, when they think their order will ship, but instead are told they can't ever get it. It's infuriating on both ends and costs me and my team a lot of time and apologies to angry customers. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 9

+1. Need an alternative to combined rates. I'm looking for cheapest rate option. 

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
110 8 37

Wow Shopify, this is crazy you can't get a short term fix for this!!!

Why not adding an option selection in the shipping rates settings with:

Option 1) take only highest shipping rate

Option 2) take the cheapest shipping rate

Option 3) combine shipping rates as it is now????

I really can't believe in 2020 we have to struggle with such a basic issue!!

You have hundreds of thousands of shops around the world no?? I'm speechless!

I want to sell postcards with a cheaper shipping rate, and all other products with standard shipping rate, if someone is ordering both, for sure I just want to take the higher shipping rate, totally normal stuff right??

GET IT DONE!