How to disable Combined shipping rate at checkout?

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

This combined shipping issue is also a thorn in my side. 

Thank you for sharing your solution, @mymedequip! I wish this could work for my situation...
I currently have two different types of product and want the available shipping rates to be the ones attached to one of them.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

+1

i have 2 profiles and for shipping and one for cake deliveries and when a person select and item from both Shopify combines the lowest rate of both rather than giving an option to select preferred one (or correct one).

Desperately need a solution as I have many abandoned checkouts due to expensive delivery.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Here is the solution we’ve found: 

1) Because it only allows one package type, we made it the smallest package type we have. this ensures that tiny items aren’t charged the cost of a box, only a shipping sleeve. 

2) We added 10-15% multiplier to the shipping cost to cover larger boxes on the larger/more expensive orders. 

3) Because we have a free shipping tier on orders over $100, we realized that we didn’t need to worry much about the order values betweeen 0 and 100$  They only needed to be “mostly accurate” with a little padding to ensure we weren’t losing money on packaging. 

This has been working well for us for the last 3 months or so. We’ve seen orders increase because now people can order tiny things, and qualify for first class packages, (16oz max). Before, the standard box was to heavy to allow that lower cost tier. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

Not being able to do away with the summing of the shipping fees in different profiles is annoying. Cmon Shopify...figure this out, There are 6 pages of customers here with issue. 

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

it simply needs to be able to set a maximum shipping rate for any orders placed at the same time in the same country - surely it cannot be that difficult for a programmer?

my only workaround for this is to refund the customer the shipping overpayment, hopefully before customer spots it and complains, not very satisfactory

Highlighted
1 0 0

Thanks for sharing @mymedequip ! That helps! 

I am wondering is the cost of item - the highest cost for one item in that profile? or what cost is it? I have multiple products in one profile. What would the cost be for me to set the minimum amount? Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Totally agree with you here...come on shopify sort it out.

So many customers complaining based on a basic piece of functionality which you seem to have dropped the ball with. 

You have to listen to your customers as we're seriously losing lost revenue as a result.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

I also have two separate items in my profile:

The highest cost (postage change threshold) is 1c above the combination of the two products in the profile.

After combining two products the package is too big and so it will go to a standard parcel.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

The highest cost (postage change threshold) is 1c above the combination of the two products in the profile.

After combining two products the package is too big and so it will go to a standard parcel.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Adding my two cents here, this is utterly ridiculous. I currently am unable to sell one whole set of products to my second most important market because of this feature. 

What are the actions you are taking on this? I am going to seriously reconsider changing my platform if this is not looked at.