How to estimate International Shipping rates?

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello Shopify users, 

I own a home goods store (www.savvysettingshome.com) and I would like to start shipping my goods to customers outside of the US. My only issue is that I can't seem to find a way to estimate international shipping costs without losing money on orders. I'd love to hear how other shopify store owner are configuring their international shipping costs! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
93 0 23

Hey Demetrius,

This is Oswald, a Guru here at Shopify!

The best way to get accurate shipping rates would be to use the Carrier-calculated shipping add-on. This feature will pull real-time rates from USPS, UPS, or FEDEX during the checkout process by taking the shipping origin, shipping address, weight of the items, and the default size box. 

To learn more about this feature just follow the link below:

https://help.shopify.com/manual/shipping/rates-and-methods/carriers

We can add the real-time carrier shipping for USPS to your account manually, however, if you do wish to use your UPS or FEDEX account for your international shipping, this add-on will be an additional $20/mth if you are on the Basic or the Shopify plan. It is included at no extra cost on the Advance Shopify plan.

To have the carrier-calculated shipping add-on added, just contact us via live chat or call us at 1-888-746-7439.

Hope the information above helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to the Guru team. :)

Cheers!

Oswald | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
461 7 39

Hello @Demetrius_Robin,

You can use the Shopify carrier calculated shipping to get the calculated shipping rates from USPS, UPS, and FedEx to display at the checkout. The carrier calculated shipping rates option is available in the Advanced Shopify Plan and the Shopify Plus plan. Also, you can add carrier calculated shipping rates to the Basic Shopify plans by subscribing for the annual plan or by paying an additional $20 per month.

Now, if you are using FedEx to handle shipping, you can use the FedEx Rates, Labels and Tracking app, which will help you print FedEx labels, show FedEx rates based on the product weight and dimensions, and also helps to handle FedEx tracking.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, is there an app that can auto calculate domestic and international shipping if your main inventory is based outside the US/Canada, say in EU, or if you are effectively drop shipping from one EU country to another or into the US?

0 Likes