How to fill in correct address at shopify-payments' first settings in JAPANESE

Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 4

Hi, now I'm trying to completing shopify-payments' first account setup , but I cannot fill in correct address and got an error named "Fields labeled (kana) cannot contain kanji characters.".

How can I clear this error? Maybe I think my notation is bad but I cannot figure out correct notation.I could swear I have never used kanji character in (kana) fields and I tried millions pattern but I couldn't arrive at answer, please help me.

shopify paymentsの初期設定を行っているのですが、住所のかなを記入しても"(カナ) というラベルがあるフィールドには漢字を含めることはできません。"と言うエラーが出ます。ネットにも情報がないのでここに質問しました。記法をご存知の方がいましたらご教授ください。

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
648 41 96

Hi @Nakaya-shiki!

This is Ren from the Shopify support team, thanks for getting in touch. The initial set up of Shopify Payments can be tricky and errors can be ambiguous as they involve communication between our platform and the receiving bank, and there are a lot of variables that can affect the setup with multiple language sets. 

Some things to look out for:

1. When you enter your bank information (address, name) make sure to allow Shopify to automatically assign the outing number based on what you select in the drop-down menu. You do not need to enter the routing number yourself. 

2. The bank name and branch name must be entered using Kanji (full width) characters. If you attempt to enter katakana or hiragana characters, this may be the reason for the error message. If you are having trouble entering their bank name and branch name, type the first 2 characters of the name and select it from the autocomplete options. 

3. Make sure to completely empty the bank name and branch name fields each time you try again as there have been errors with it not completely erasing in the backend on a second attempt if not re-added. To be more specific, after you receive an error message, before resubmitting the on-boarding form again, you have to clear that part and add in the bank name and branch again. For some reason even though it looks to be filled out, as you had previously entered that information, it won't be sent unless re-added.

Give that a try and see if it does the trick. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance! 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 4

Hi, Ren. I have already know about bank address but I focus on such as company's address and person's address. I haven't solved  this problem yet.

Please tell me how to solved this error focusing on company's address and person's address in JAPANESE kana. If you could show me some examples of how to fill in company's address and person's address, it is the most helpful thing for me. Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 4

Hey, I NEED MORE HELP, PLEASE

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
648 41 96

Hello again, 

Thank you for clarifying. I have reached out to you via email to verify your account so we can get you connected to our Japanese support team. Please respond to the email when you are able! 

Just as a heads up, our community forums aren't an immediate form of assistance so some time between replies is to be expected. In the future, if you are seeking a more immediate support interaction, be sure to reach out to our 24/7 support team via chat or phone. You can get connected via this link. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

i have the same problem i need help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
648 41 96

Hello, @darioalex

Thanks for posting. As noted above, you will be asked to enter in your Bank name and Branch name and Shopify Payments will automatically assign the 'Routing Number' based on this, so you do not need to enter the routing number.

The bank name and branch name must be entered using Kanji (full width) characters. If you attempt to enter katakana or hiragana characters, an error will be returned. 
If you are having trouble entering the bank name and branch name, type the first 2 characters of the name and select it from the autocomplete options. Example below: 

Also, just to eliminate the possibility of a browser related issue please be sure to clear your cache and cookies, try a different browser or attempt in incognito mode. Ensure your browser is up to date and that no pop-ups are being blocked on your browser. Let me know how that goes! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Ren 

We are having the same problem. Entering the KANA in business address and personal address field. 

We have put in a ticket - but no response.

Thanks 

0 Likes