How to force 'Draft Order' links to show all payment methods?

Ben31
Explorer
56 2 35

Hi there,

We have frustrated customers who don't see all payment options after clicking draft order links.

After testing this, it seems draft orders sometimes show a simplified layout which hides payment methods besides CC. There's a small, blue 'Use alternate payment method' link but customers don't see it.

Unfortunately I can't post a screenshot because once you click the alternate payment link, it shows the full checkout from that point on - I've cleared cookies, my browser cache, used multiple browsers, and made multiple draft orders using multiple test customers but can't get that simplified layout to display anymore.

Is there a way to force draft order payment links to show all payment methods? Or force draft links to always show the full checkout instead of that simplified one?

Cheers

Ben

0 Likes
Ben31
Explorer
56 2 35

We've just talked another customer through this and they sent this photo. They were adamant they couldn't edit the payment type and made their frustration known.

We've since explained things but it's understandable why they thought it wasn't possible...

• Compared to many sites/apps, most of the icons are in the down position which is incorrect
  • People often don't see things when they're hidden, and payment types are critical
  • For us, the over 50 market spends triple what others spend and subtle icons are easily missed

Please consider small text 'Edit' links like eBay and Amazon.

If there's no way to turn off this cut-back order screen, can we have an urgent feature request which makes editing self explanatory?

simple-checkout.gif

0 Likes
Ben31
Explorer
56 2 35

Can an administrator moderate my last post? I made too many spelling edits and the bots think it's spam.

It contains a helpful screenshot from a customer plus a full explanation.

0 Likes