How to fulfill "Bundle" orders that have both digital and physical products?

Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

Hello, I am selling a book. I created four variants: Paperback, eBook, Audiobook, Bundle (All 3 Formats). See it listed here: whengodwrecksyourromance.com.

I'm having trouble fulfilling the Bundle orders. Here is why: My shipping plugin "Pirateship" only imports orders from Shopify that are marked as Unfulfilled. I made sure to turn off the automatic fulfillment option in my Shopify settings, but when an order contains a digital product, it automatically sends the digital download (via the Digital Downloads App) and marks as Fulfilled, even though I still have to ship the physical book. What do I do?! Shopify support said that's just how they programmed it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3082 233 507

Hi David, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

If the Shopify Digital Downloads app doesn't seem to be doing what you want, it could be worth looking into some of the other Digital Download sales apps in the Shopify App store to see if they work for you. I looked through the description of each one and none of them outright mention anything about how exactly they are fulfilled, but pretty much all of them do have starter free plan where you can test it out. 

Is using a bundling subscription app something you could consider also? Or would it be just purchasing multiple products at once that you want to smooth the process for? Let me know. 

Hopefully one of the above digital download apps will work for you though. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

Thanks. I see these apps offer more options, but they key question would be how they treat a product that includes both a physical and digital component. I imagine if I ask them about that, they will say "we don't know how shopify will handle it." Is it possible for them to basically tell shopify that it's a physical product only and to leave it as unfulfilled while they send the digital downloads?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3082 233 507

Hi David, 

Yes, it is possible to tell Shopify it is a physical product. You can do this in the product page of the admin. 

Hopefully, this does the trick and let me know if you have any other questions

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi! 

I would like to find out about this as well.

I have a product that contains BOTH physical and digital items. How does fulfilment works for that? :) 

Thanks!

- Promise

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
17 1 0

Hi There,

We have a solution to your need.  Using Auto Fulfill you can fulfill both physical and digital products automatically. Many of our customers use this feature.

You can Install Auto Fulfill app and contact us over the chat or email, we will help you in setting up. The set up is very simple and takes less than  5 minutes.

Here is the link for the app: https://apps.shopify.com/auto-fulfill?

Thanks,

Prakash
Auto Fulfill- Order management & Auto fulfillment of orders

0 Likes