How to give a limited access to my orders?

Moonizip
Tourist
9 0 12

Hello,

I am going to work with a supplier who is going to sell some products on my shopify store. He will ship these products directly to my customers. I want him to have access directly to the orders details (address of the customers etc) so he can fulfil them without needing me.

I know it's possible to give him access to the orders only (and not the rest of the store). But here, I want him to have access ONLY to the products he is selling. I don't want him to see the rest of the orders on other products happening on my store.

Is this possible to give such a limited access in shopify?

Thank you

Best

Replies 6 (6)

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 224

Hey, @Moonizip!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Great questions! At this time, there is no way to restrict the particular orders once you give staff permission to them. To see the Orders screen, staff need more than just permission to view the Orders page of the Shopify admin. The permissions that staff need to view the Orders screen are:

• Orders
  • Products

Staff members who don't have the above permissions in the Shopify admin won't be able to view the Orders screen when they login to the Shopify app. 

I will certainly pass your feedback on to our developers here because, at Shopify, we pride ourselves on the continued growth and development of our platform, and we are only able to strive towards this goal with feedback and comments from merchants just like you. There is never a guarantee that a request will get a Green Light, or make it to a product launch, but we really do appreciate the feedback, as I’m sure you’re not the only merchant with this request.

We have a guide here on staff permissions that you can have a read through to see exactly what permission is needed for the staff members. I hope this helps but don't hesitate to reach back out if you have any other questions, I am always happy to help.

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

itayb
Visitor
3 0 2

Hi there,

I wonder if there is a solution to a similar issue: we have multiple suppliers, I would like to give each supplier a permission to see their orders only, I don't want to give a supplier a full view to our orders, just the ones associated to him.
Is that possible?

Thanks,
Itay

BlueChip
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi did you get an answer as to how to do this / Shopify team is this possible?

We have are using a number of suppliers that are providing similar products.

Is it possible to give permissions to our suppliers such that they can only see the orders for SKUs that relate to them ie they cannot see the orders that are generated for another supplier?

Thanks for your help

PerArne
Shopify Partner
33 0 22

Still no solution for this?

Dripdash
Tourist
4 0 0

Is there a way to give Staff limited access to only OPEN orders?

nztack
Excursionist
14 0 3

Did you find a work around for this? I have the exact same problem. I am currently using the "Custom Order Fulfillment" feature which is buggy as you can't add customer tracking or change the fulfillment location once the order has been placed.