How to have a shipping rate/calculate shipping on one single product?

DancesWithStone
1 0 0

Our online store has always offered free shipping on all of our products and we would like to remain that way with the majority of them. But, we have just recently added a listing that is being shipped UPS, instead of our usual USPS rate.

This is a custom product listing that has 7 variants that can weigh upwards of 60 lbs and shipping can become costly, very quick. We have added 3 new shipping profiles that account for all 7 variants under this listing, which appeared to work fine at first, but looking further into it caused everything to be thrown off.

We had to change the default box size from our most common USPS box to a custom measurement box, which now gives two options at checkout for all of our free shipping items:  a calculated price via UPS or free shipping.

This would be okay, but when you add one of the custom products into the cart that need the calculated shipping, with any other product on our site, it creates a shipping rate based off of the entire purchase.

We can't change the packages to be based off of weight, because the only way for us to get a calculated rate is by selecting "Use carrier or app to calculate rates" instead of "Set up your own rates" since we don't have the Shopify plan that's $299 a year and it appears most apps require you to have this plan for their calculators to work and the shipping fluctuates drastically based on the customers location in the US. 

Any advice on this would help!

Thank you in advance,

Mary

Theme: Simple

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
846 91 192

Hey, @DancesWithStone 

Just a heads up that there are two other ways to get "carrier-calculated rates" outside of the Advanced Shopify plan. You can have it added to your account for free if you switch to an annual billing cycle. Otherwise, you can add it as an add-on to your store for $20/mo. This will give you the feature you need that the apps you mentioned tend to require to configure the shipping to your liking.

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes