How to hide Canada Post shipping options for items totaling over $1000

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi I am new to Shopify. I need help setting up shipping.

How do I hide Canada Post shipping options to our international customers for items totaling over $1000? It's okay to show the Canada Post shipping options to our Canadian and USA customers, just not international customers. Thanks.

Kurt

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
60 0 5

Hello Kurt!

You can do this by breaking down your rates into shipping Zones first, so for example have Canada, USA then rest of the world and of course if you wanted breakdown rest of the world to specific countries. Next, create rates for orders under $1000 in your Rest of the Worlds zone for example Rest of the World rate is $0 - $1000 = $20/shipping, and only have this rate. If no rate exists for order over $1000 these customers will not be able to checkout.

Without seeing your current set up this will work, but please do reach out to our support team if you have other questions, we are happy to look over your shipping rates with you.  https://support.shopify.com/

-Jen

0 Likes
Highlighted

As per my knowledge it is not possible to limit carrier calculated rates based on total order amount directly as shown from the screenshot. You can limit flat rate shipping cost based on total order value for which the answer has provided been provided in the thread. Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 5.43.59 PM.png

However, your use case be fulfilled by using the Multi Carrier Shipping label app where you can define an automation rules for a shipping zone(international) with order value more than $1000 should not have any shipping. Attached screenshot for your reference.

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 5.46.22 PM.png

0 Likes